+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi there

I completed my Masters with thesis and I was not enrolled in courses for the term when I was doing my thesis and it is usual to do so in thesis courses. Some of my classmates did similar way and they got their pgwp.
But cic demands an explanation from me why I was not enrolled in courses during those terms when I was still a full time student but doing my thesis.
Please share if anyone have related experience. That will help me for sure.
Thanks in advance

In my cases, my school has some special course codes for Thesis work. For example, I need 6 credits to be considered full time during Summer term, so I registered for a "dummy course" THES 906 which is equivalent to 6 credits of course work load. So in my transcript, I will always be full time. You should talk to your school international advisor about this and ask if they can provide some official explanation

Gurmukh_1992

Dec 16, 2020
In my cases, my school has some special course codes for Thesis work. For example, I need 6 credits to be considered full time during Summer term, so I registered for a "dummy course" THES 906 which is equivalent to 6 credits of course work load. So in my transcript, I will always be full time. You should talk to your school international advisor about this and ask if they can provide some official explanation
Thanks for your reply.
I studied in University of Manitoba and they don’t have any “dummy course” but they just ask to re register in each and every term to maintain full time status that is reflected in my transcript as well.
BTW I have asked university if they can provide me letter saying that I was a full time student throughout my studies.
Thanks again

baryonix

May 21, 2019
In my 4th week now. IRCC says they dispatched it via regular mail and hence don't have a tracking number.
I called them and they told me the same, but the call staff said they usually use registered mail. I also discovered that they mailed from Edmonton so it's almost Canada-wide route.

Sid31893

Dec 8, 2020
I applied my PGWP on 27 June from Toronto with no biometric but no updates yet and i checked my Gckey account everyday it show that we are processing your application when we start reviewing your application we will inform you and i also called cic 4 times and they said that your application is process normally but it takes time because they have limited staff.Nothing we can do you have to wait.I also create webform and similar answer received.

Is anyone have same situation?

Please guide me...

Thanks

PillaresEXIMLLP

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I applied my PGWP on 27 June from Toronto with no biometric but no updates yet and i checked my Gckey account everyday it show that we are processing your application when we start reviewing your application we will inform you and i also called cic 4 times and they said that your application is process normally but it takes time because they have limited staff.Nothing we can do you have to wait.I also create webform and similar answer received.

Please guide me...

Thanks
You might be getting really anxious waiting for so long...

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020

Please guide me...

Thanks
Hi there! I applied on the 18th of June! Sometimes cases can just take longer - did you submit an LOE? Is there any reason they might need to examine your file more closely? I submitted an LOE and that’s why I know I have to just wait.

Reactions: Sid31893

Sid31893

Dec 8, 2020
Hi there! I applied on the 18th of June! Sometimes cases can just take longer - did you submit an LOE? Is there any reason they might need to examine your file more closely? I submitted an LOE and that’s why I know I have to just wait.
Hello,
I did not submit any LOE and there is no specific reason only i did not give biometric and every time I called cic they said your file is process normally same as other due to covid processing times is vary and they have limited staff.

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hello,
I did not submit any LOE and there is no specific reason only i did not give biometric and every time I called cic they said your file is process normally same as other due to covid processing times is vary and they have limited staff.
ah then it’s probably just bad luck! Somebody that had submitted on the 29th of May just recently got their answer so it comes down to waiting unfortunately :( I’m really sorry about that!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello,

Get GCMS notes.