+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

softmcl

May 22, 2020
Finally for me to post good news here. More than 6months!!
Submit: May 23
Request additional documents: Oct 17
Submit additional documents: Oct 17
Eligibility review: November 27
Approval: November 30
Since I can’t log in to the account fully, I saw some update at first page and became approval under status. Can’t click to view full status. So I called them, and asked them to check the status for me. They told me it’s approved.
Btw, the person also confirmed that the website is having some issue for today....

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Since I can’t log in to the account fully, I saw some update at first page and became approval under status. Can’t click to view full status. So I called them, and asked them to check the status for me. They told me it’s approved.
Btw, the person also confirmed that the website is having some issue for today....
congratulations!! Ugh I'm so anxious about the 180 deadline, in 6 days I'll be at 180 and I'm worried I might have to appeal because of some problems with my application :(

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I’m worried about the same thing. What is the problem you’re having?
Oh I worked at a grocery store at the start of the year so there were a few weeks in Jan, Feb, March where I accidentally worked over the 20hr limit imposed on international students. I only realised like two months ago that I'd worked more so I called a lawyer and they said it would be rare for it to cause a problem but just to be sure I uploaded a LOE. I'm worried that I might have to appeal the decision through a lawyer if they end up rejecting me this time round, but I'll be beyond the 180 limit because they've taken the full six months to process my application.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Oh I worked at a grocery store at the start of the year so there were a few weeks in Jan, Feb, March where I accidentally worked over the 20hr limit imposed on international students. I only realised like two months ago that I'd worked more so I called a lawyer and they said it would be rare for it to cause a problem but just to be sure I uploaded a LOE. I'm worried that I might have to appeal the decision through a lawyer if they end up rejecting me this time round, but I'll be beyond the 180 limit because they've taken the full six months to process my application.
I highly doubt this will be a problem. It’s a good thing you submitted a LOE, but rejecting you a permit because of that would be a tough punishment.
When did you apply?

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I highly doubt this will be a problem. It’s a good thing you submitted a LOE, but rejecting you a permit because of that would be a tough punishment.
When did you apply?
That's what the lawyer said too! She said it was unlikely I'd be penalised even without the LOE, but that adding the letter was good insurance in any case, so I did it it. I applied on the 18th of June! I graduated on the 8th of June, so in 6 days I hit the 180 mark

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
When did you apply?
I'm hoping it helps that I was working in an essential service which is why I went over the limit - hopefully they'll be a little more lenient because of that.

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hi congratulations. mind sharing number to call CIC??

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I'm hoping it helps that I was working in an essential service which is why I went over the limit - hopefully they'll be a little more lenient because of that.
Did you consider applying to restore your status and sending another PGWP application? You don’t have to withdraw the first one, but is it possible sending another application in case the first one gets rejected?

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Did you consider applying to restore your status and sending another PGWP application? You don’t have to withdraw the first one, but is it possible sending another application in case the first one gets rejected?
Well I didn't have to restore my status as I applied well before my study permit expired! As for applying again - on the cic site it says not to send in an application for the same time more than once so it's best to wait I think.

mojito2s

Nov 26, 2020
I was in your situation. Actually worse. I worked almost 2 months after graduation because I didn’t know I shouldn’t. I called IRCC and the agent was extremely reassuring telling me it wouldn’t be a problem, thousands of students make the same mistake every year, told me not to worry and I did all the right thing (submitted LOE). And I did got approval after 100 days (applied august) without a problem. So really, if I were you I wouldn’t sweat about it and just wait for the approval.