+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Although it's specific for HK residents, I'm sure something similar will be planned for other residents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/11/measures-to-support-hong-kong-residents-including-youth-to-come-to-canada.html

New temporary and permanent pathways for Hong Kong youth

• Canada will expedite the processing of permits for young people from Hong Kong who are eligible and want to come to Canada to work or study. We have already seen an increase in study permit applications in the first half of 2020 compared to 2019, and the government will continue to promote this opportunity.
  • In addition to the existing work and study options for Hong Kong youth, a new work permit initiative specific to Hong Kong youth will provide open work permits of up to 3 years in duration, with eligibility criteria centred on post-secondary education in Canada or abroad completed in the last 5 years. Eligible spouses or common-law partners, as well as dependent children, can also apply for a study or work permit, as appropriate. This initiative is expected to launch soon.
  • For those who come here to either study or work, 2 new pathways to permanent residence are being created, which will be available in 2021:
    • The first will target former Hong Kong residents who have gained a minimum of 1 year of authorized work experience in Canada and meet other criteria such as minimum language and education levels.
    • The second pathway will be for those who have graduated from a post-secondary institution in Canada. These individuals can then apply directly for permanent residence.
  • For both these pathways, principal applicants will also be able to include in-Canada spouses, partners, and dependent children in their application.
  • Canada will benefit from these new measures, which will ensure these former Hong Kong residents have the skills and education to integrate well and contribute to our economy.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
In Canada online application. Have tried everything, got GCMS notes, no such extra information. Contacted local MP, they have contacted IRCC two times got no specific answer, IRCC just told them to wait. Sent numerous webforms and did calls. Right now trying to get my case under urgent processing by showing that I work in essential services. Even for that they have declined once, trying again now.
What do your GCMS notes say?
Can you upload it taking out any important info? PM ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hey man, in my application status my background check changed to - “not applicable” did this happen to you too? Do you know what this means?
Simply means they don't need to do a BG check on your application.