+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Everyones case is different and requires different levels of follow up and investigation according to a particular officers suspicions about the application not to mention all the human factors maybe person who took your file is sick, slow, bussy etc so dont expect a perfectly timed response for everyone.

Reactions: Robotech and leonma

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Good morning everyone!
Good news here!

so:
Masters student
Applied June 24 (from Manitoba)
Eligibility review started Nov 12 around 5pm
Approved Nov 13 around 9:30 am
For 3 years!

Good luck everyone and see you all in the forum for PR applicants!

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Hey! Any clue if we'd be allowed back into Canada if we visit home for a few weeks?

Robotech

Oct 30, 2020
Everyones case is different and requires different levels of follow up and investigation according to a particular officers suspicions about the application not to mention all the human factors maybe person who took your file is sick, slow, bussy etc so dont expect a perfectly timed response for everyone.
Very good say! but one officer cannot be sick, slow, or busy for all five or six months straight. if that happens, the case must be handed over to the next person. so a more reasonable situation is, one case is circulating within a squad of officers and the exact officer gets sick, slow, or busy immediately when the case arrives :).

elishajeune

Sep 29, 2017
Hello guys! I applied my work permit on august 24 and i don’t have a valid status right now. Is it okay if i come back to my home country?

AmitSh

Nov 3, 2020
Very good say! but one officer cannot be sick, slow, or busy for all five or six months straight. if that happens, the case must be handed over to the next person. so a more reasonable situation is, one case is circulating within a squad of officers and the exact officer gets sick, slow, or busy immediately when the case arrives :).
I know how it feels like as I am in same boat as you are However yesterday I went to one immigration lawyer he said it is completely normal to have this issue because of covid 19 before that also people might have to wait 6 month for no reason. He told be rejection chance of your application is very less as long as you meet the elegiblity and there is always reason associated with it. So he said he hopes worst case scenario you might get before christmas. So all we can do is wait.
Also he said altleast 20 application are still pending from may who applied from his office.

Reactions: Robotech and leonma

Winnipeg_789

Nov 13, 2020
Hello,

My work permit just got approved, I applied on 17 July 2020 without biometrics

The eligibility review started today as well

Applied from Winnipeg

Good luck to everyone

Reactions: Lily.I

leonma

Sep 18, 2015
applied on may 27 and sent more than 10 webforms already. zero updates and zero replies...
May 29th my web forms got 2 out 3 replies, and they are just automatic replies indicate that they are still processing and application is in progress ...

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hello,

My work permit just got approved, I applied on 17 July 2020 without biometrics

The eligibility review started today as well

Applied from Winnipeg

Good luck to everyone
Great!

Exactly my point yesterday. If they are serious they should be processing mid July applications now. All May and June applications should have been wrapped up. Next comment may be someone who applied since May and has not gotten any update.

Reactions: Lily.I

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Who is delayed by 5-6 months here? Processing time is about 5 months so thats not a delay but expected processing time. No need to panic over small differences.