+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

nkczh22

Sep 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

please reply as I want to know who are in the same boat

How many here applied in late may or June have status this status under 'review of eligibility' and 'background check' for more than two days or who have them at the moment bus still does not have approved status.

Review of eligibility
* We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
  • Not applicable.
Same here, I think I've seen some posts before in the same boat. Have you tried to call them and what did they say?

pericherla19

Apr 14, 2019
Yes, it says 2 year program and fulltime student.
I would suggest you to contact the college officials, most probably they would give you an official letter stating that you are eligible for 3 years, you can then reapply the pgwp or ask the college officials what would be the appropriate action. All the best.

rajpal02

Sep 25, 2020
Guys.. I am so confused. I received my approval status on aug 11th and haven't received my mailed copy/secure document yet and when I inquired, IRCC said that my application is still being processed and my eligibility changed back to "we are reveiwing your application...." I just want to go home at this point. I applied in January and I am so frustrated...this is after I received my approval. I am so confused??? Anyone who has experienced a similar issue?
It's really unfortunate. I also applied in January, still waiting for a decision on my application. You can order your GCMS notes for the application, you will get to know exactly what happened with your application. It takes one month to receive them.

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
I would suggest you to contact the college officials, most probably they would give you an official letter stating that you are eligible for 3 years, you can then reapply the pgwp or ask the college officials what would be the appropriate action. All the best.
I have had same situation in 2012 and college didn't do anything. They are separate from CIC. I would recommend call CIC and ask them for appeal(reconsiderstion) so that your application will be evaluated by another officer again and hopefully you will get your 3 year permit.

pericherla19

Apr 14, 2019
I have had same situation in 2012 and college didn't do anything. They are separate from CIC. I would recommend call CIC and ask them for appeal(reconsiderstion) so that your application will be evaluated by another officer again and hopefully you will get your 3 year permit.
Since you faced the same situation, did you find any success by reappealing the case? Did you get the 3 year work permit?

dopelemon

Jul 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

please reply as I want to know who are in the same boat

How many here applied in late may or June have status this status under 'review of eligibility' and 'background check' for more than two days or who have them at the moment bus still does not have approved status.

Review of eligibility
* We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
  • Not applicable.
Ya same, applied on May 28 and my status changed yesterday around 730am PST and still no update.

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
Since you faced the same situation, did you find any success by reappealing the case? Did you get the 3 year work permit?
At that time i was student and didnt know much. Also there was not too many people active on canadavisa forum so i couldn't help myself and ended up with only 1 year permit. But after 3 years same thing happens to my friend and he did it and was able to get it so i am suggesting it. Only hope is cic and not college. You can try contacting college but they wont be helpful as far as my knowledge. You xan give a shot at both places and see if you get any luck

pericherla19

Apr 14, 2019
At that time i was student and didnt know much. Also there was not too many people active on canadavisa forum so i couldn't help myself and ended up with only 1 year permit. But after 3 years same thing happens to my friend and he did it and was able to get it so i am suggesting it. Only hope is cic and not college. You can try contacting college but they wont be helpful as far as my knowledge. You xan give a shot at both places and see if you get any luck
@MCU

Reactions: MCU