+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
I'm kinda freaking out.
I'm currently working, I applied for my PGWP July 31st and have yet to get an update.
All that shows on my application is submission confirmation.
My workplace just asked me for an update on it and I literally told them the same thing as I said when they were offered me employment 2 months ago.
Their eyebrows were raised when I was explaining how there's no update and now I'm freaking out.
Plus people are getting approved within a month. I really don't understand how this works?!

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I'm kinda freaking out.
I'm currently working, I applied for my PGWP July 31st and have yet to get an update.
My workplace just asked me for an update on it and I literally told them the same thing as I said when they were offered me employment 2 months ago.
Their eyebrows were raised when I was explaining how there's no update and now I'm freaking out.
Plus people are getting approved within a month. I really don't understand how this works?!
Sometimes people get them very quickly but for the most part everybody is waiting months! That’s pretty normal right now - last I checked processing time was around 170ish days so you’re well within your timeline.

rajpal02

Sep 25, 2020
I'm kinda freaking out.
Tell them that you can work absolutely legally, till you get a decision. So, they need not worry about whether you have received your permit or not.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Tell them that you can work absolutely legally, till you get a decision. So, they need not worry about whether you have received your permit or not.
Share the link where it says you're allowed to work, then they will understand.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I'm kinda freaking out.
They are processing end May beginning of June now so you have a bit of time to go.
Those that got within a month was because of the pandemic, those who already had bio-metrics were processed so there were very few of them and everybody else without biometrics application couldn't proceed, now biometrics are not required so we are all in the same queue.

Lily.I

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, I applied mine on July 22nd with no biometrics, still waiting. I found this forum last week and have been checking. It really helps me to see how long it will take for my application too, thank you. I have a question about a SIN number. My number is expiring at the end of this month, so I reapplied with the confirmation number of my PGWP application, but it did not work. Can we still work even though our SIN numbers expire while we are waiting for our work permit result? Thank you.

Vishal1_12345

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hi, I applied mine on July 22nd with no biometrics, still waiting. I found this forum last week and have been checking. It really helps me to see how long it will take for my application too, thank you. I have a question about a SIN number. My number is expiring at the end of this month, so I reapplied with the confirmation number of my PGWP application, but it did not work. Can we still work even though our SIN numbers expire while we are waiting for our work permit result? Thank you.
Yes, you can. Its the same as working on implied status. Even after you get your PGWP, SIN number remains the same.

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
If you find work before your SIN expires, you can keep working even with an expired SIN.
If you can't find work before the expiration date, then you have to wait for your PGWP to renew you SIN, as employers can't put an expired SIN in the system.