+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Does anyone have any information on the TRV after the PGWP gets approved? What's the process in terms of after you get approved when you can leave Canada again? When I submitted my PGWP application, I think I also submitted a TRV one at the same time. Also, I assume they mail you the permit, does anyone know how long that takes?
So after you receive the hardcopy of your work permit then you can apply for TRV (as you have to upload the scanned work permit).
You have to make the application just like you did for work permit on the CIC site.
Once you apply after uploading all the information and paying fee, they will send you an email for passport request.
Then you send your passport and get it stamped with multiple entry visa. This takes a few weeks(a friend of mine got it in 3).
Once you receive your passport you can fly ;):)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
If your application just changed to "eligibility review started". It just takes a few minutes for officer to enter date, issue WP.
Basically that's what happens. In rare cases does that get delayed.

So if you see your status changing, expect approval soon ;)

lizaorlova

Oct 14, 2020
So after you receive the hardcopy of your work permit then you can apply for TRV (as you have to upload the scanned work permit).
You have to make the application just like you did for work permit on the CIC site.
Once you apply after uploading all the information and paying fee, they will send you an email for passport request.
Then you send your passport and get it stamped with multiple entry visa. This takes a few weeks(a friend of mine got it in 3).
Once you receive your passport you can fly ;):)
Thanks!! Do you happen to know how long it takes for them to mail you the permit after it's been approved online?