+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

pj20000001

Jul 23, 2020
Hey in case anyone is stressed out, I applied for my pgwp on march 31st, approved today on august 14th. I had to drop all my courses in my 2nd year due to specific circumstances, and I explained this in a letter along with my application, and they approved it. So if anyone is worried about being part time, I recommend writing a letter and submitting that with your application.
Congratz!

santhosh2554

Oct 17, 2017
Hey in case anyone is stressed out, I applied for my pgwp on march 31st, approved today on august 14th. I had to drop all my courses in my 2nd year due to specific circumstances, and I explained this in a letter along with my application, and they approved it. So if anyone is worried about being part time, I recommend writing a letter and submitting that with your application.
Without biometrics?

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Congratulations

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
If you don't mind can you share what type was your circumstance was? Was it medical? I have a friend who took a medical leave and had to drop semester and will apply in future for PGWP so asking.

TK2020

Aug 18, 2020
Another data point here;

May 4, 2020 - received letter from University confirming completion of degree and eligibility to graduate; submitted PGWP application the same day
June 2, 2020 - passed medical exam (required since intended job involves the vulnerable population)

No further updates as of yet. Never gave biometrics as it wasn't a requirement yet when applying for a study permit 4 years ago.

No BIL either, it was never generated despite multiple attempts to get in touch with them by phone.

(If this means anything, I'm a citizen of a visa-exempt country meaning I have an eTA instead of a TRV, hence no submitting physical passport)

Reactions: fakelucio

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
I applied on May 28th got Bil on 29th Still waiting no updates as yet ... kindly post if any of the may applicants has got their pgwp yet ... Thanks

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Finally got my approval after 8 long months.

Applied on Jan 16 in Canada w/o biometrics
Application review Aug 6
Approved Aug 18.

For those who got approved, approximately how long did it take for the mail with the document to arrive?

Tarun092in

Aug 19, 2020
Hi All,

I applied my PGWP on 7the feb and got my biometrics done on 12th feb. I received an update on my application that my application has been transferred to Canada immigration centre in Etibicoke on 9th may and since then I haven’t received any update and the online status shows that “we are reviewing if you meet the eligibility requirements” . I have submitted multiple web forms and all that they reply is due to Covid situation applications are delayed and your application is still in progress. Can anybody please suggest what should i do?

Thanks,
Tarun