+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

the_eye

Star Member
May 23, 2018
My wife applied for PGWP on June 10th with an open work permit for me and 2 study permits for our kids. Me and my wife applications got approved on 28 July but our kids applied without biometrics and their application shows still in progress. I called cic client center today and they confirmed that the kids application will remain on hold unless we respond to the biometric letter by raising a web form that we are unable to submit the biometrics due to COVID-19 and the closure of all service canada offices . Did any one submit this and his application moved on and got a decision because as long as I know that they mentioned on their website that we have to ignore that letter and we will automatically get a refund when they finalise the application ?
I had raised a Webform to inform about Biometrics. They sent a general reply stating what the Canadian government posted about inland applicants and that's it. No updates. No anything.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
wait seriously? IRCC website has never mentioned that we should raise webform to respond to the BIL even we are exempted. It would be a scummy thing to do if countless anxious new grads are all put on hold when IRCC is the one that posts unclear instructions.
The webform might be a special case because it's just for the kids. The parents have already been approved and so it might need bringing to the attention of the IRCC that the biometrics can't be done for the kids - the parents and kids are probably on a family application.

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Applied june 24 without biometrics, eligibility review didn’t start yet, but background check says “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”. Did they skip the step of eligibility? What is going on?
application status is still “ we are processing your application...”

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Applied june 24 without biometrics, eligibility review didn’t start yet, but background check says “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information”. Did they skip the step of eligibility? What is going on?
application status is still “ we are processing your application...”
That’s the default message.

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
I applied Jan 16, in canada without biometrics. Still have not gotten my approval.
Its been exactly 1 week since my status changed to "We are reviewing your eligibilty..."
This is ridiculous specially since a lot of folks who applied later than me, have gotten approvals.

Really frustrated.

Reactions: TanKin

Bob.riva

Jul 24, 2020
I applied Jan 16, in canada without biometrics. Still have not gotten my approval.
Its been exactly 1 week since my status changed to "We are reviewing your eligibilty..."
This is ridiculous specially since a lot of folks who applied later than me, have gotten approvals.

Really frustrated.
They update systems twice a week usually so may be its approved but you don't see it. You better call them to check status which will give you some relief. People usually get their decision in 1 day after eligilibility started

Reactions: fakelucio

the_eye

Star Member
May 23, 2018
They update systems twice a week usually so may be its approved but you don't see it. You better call them to check status which will give you some relief. People usually get their decision in 1 day after eligilibility started
What number can you call them at?