+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

miranatelli

Aug 5, 2020
Hey guys, just got my application approved for 3 years yesterday. I applied on Jan 31st with no biometrics. There is no letter yet, just that it was approved, but from seeing the responses here, I should get one soon?

ianrachkov

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hey guys, just got my application approved for 3 years yesterday. I applied on Jan 31st with no biometrics. There is no letter yet, just that it was approved, but from seeing the responses here, I should get one soon?
Yea wait 2/3 days. I got accepted the 7th and received it the 9 or 10th

Reactions: miranatelli

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hey guys, just wanted to update you that my application was approved!
I applied for PGWP on May 1st without biometrics and got approved on August 7th for 3 years.
Amazing, I applied on May 3rd.

It seems that the applications are being processed randomly rather than in the order that they're received.

Reactions: fakelucio

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
My 2 cents. I’ve applied for a PGWP from inside Canada on April 2, no biometrics. Status is “we’re still processing your application”. Now I can’t even extend my expired drivers license, which is really frustrating.
If you are in BC, the license office is accepting documents showing implied status to prove your status in Canada. They will issue only you a temporary license which will be valid for 2 months. If you do not receive your decision by then, then you will have to get another temporary license issued for an additional two months. They are allowing this now because of COVID.

If you aren't in BC, you should check with your province to see if they have a similar COVID-19 policy.

Reactions: JALT

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
My wife applied for PGWP on June 10th with an open work permit for me and 2 study permits for our kids. Me and my wife applications got approved on 28 July but our kids applied without biometrics and their application shows still in progress. I called cic client center today and they confirmed that the kids application will remain on hold unless we respond to the biometric letter by raising a web form that we are unable to submit the biometrics due to COVID-19 and the closure of all service canada offices . Did any one submit this and his application moved on and got a decision because as long as I know that they mentioned on their website that we have to ignore that letter and we will automatically get a refund when they finalise the application ?

• Wow

Yo123

Aug 10, 2020
My wife applied for PGWP on June 10th with an open work permit for me and 2 study permits for our kids. Me and my wife applications got approved on 28 July but our kids applied without biometrics and their application shows still in progress. I called cic client center today and they confirmed that the kids application will remain on hold unless we respond to the biometric letter by raising a web form that we are unable to submit the biometrics due to COVID-19 and the closure of all service canada offices . Did any one submit this and his application moved on and got a decision because as long as I know that they mentioned on their website that we have to ignore that letter and we will automatically get a refund when they finalise the application ?
That is their Generic Reply , a lot of people have got their application approved without having to raise a web form . They know if you are in Canada and if you are exempt.

Reactions: dillym

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
wait seriously? IRCC website has never mentioned that we should raise webform to respond to the BIL even we are exempted. It would be a scummy thing to do if countless anxious new grads are all put on hold when IRCC is the one that posts unclear instructions.

Last edited:

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
wait seriously? IRCC website has never mentioned that we should raise webform to respond to the BIL even we are exempted. It would be a scummy thing to do if countless anxious new grads are all put on hold when IRCC is the one that posts unclear instructions.
Yes I agree this is confusing they should have mentioned this online , I will raise a web form anyway may be this is the reason of the application delay