+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
I don't think they are allowed to this. Check out this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1505&top=17
There are two scenarios here:
1. You applied for Work Permit, SIN was valid when you started a job and after sometime SIN expired but you are allowed to work as per the rules and your SIN information was entered in the employer system for pay and all before SIN expiry.

2. You applied for Work Permit, waited for 2-3 months without a job and SIN expired before starting a job. In this case, the employer won't be able to enter your SIN information in the system for pays as this is directly linked to CRA which won't allow expired SIN in their system.

sxia

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
There are two scenarios here:
1. You applied for Work Permit, SIN was valid when you started a job and after sometime SIN expired but you are allowed to work as per the rules and your SIN information was entered in the employer system for pay and all before SIN expiry.

2. You applied for Work Permit, waited for 2-3 months without a job and SIN expired before starting a job. In this case, the employer won't be able to enter your SIN information in the system for pays as this is directly linked to CRA which won't allow expired SIN in their system.
Oh, gocha. I thought you were in the first case and your employer terminated your employment.

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
Oh, gocha. I thought you were in the first case and your employer terminated your employment.
Unfortunately, I'm the second case. My employer gave me 3 weeks' time to get the update SIN which would only happen if I get my work permit in 3 weeks from now. I called Service Canada & IRCC, explained my situation but they didn't care.

sxia

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Unfortunately, I'm the second case. My employer gave me 3 weeks' time to get the update SIN which would only happen if I get my work permit in 3 weeks from now. I called Service Canada & IRCC, explained my situation but they didn't care.
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything will work out for you. Best of luck!

Yo123

Aug 10, 2020
Can Someone please mention which month or dates applications are getting approved for pgwp without biometrics currently? Someone who applied in March or April got their PGWP approved who have never given biometrics ?

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
I applied last Jan 16 without biometrics. I havent recieved my approval yet.

Last Thursday my status changed from "The review of your eligiblity has not started yet" to "We are reviewing your eligibilty". I hope this is good news.

I have no idea whats going on. Im seeing people applying later than I did, also w/o biometrics, and they are getting their approvals.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Can Someone please mention which month or dates applications are getting approved for pgwp without biometrics currently? Someone who applied in March or April got their PGWP approved who have never given biometrics ?
according to what we've seen on this thread people applied in Jan/Feb are getting processed right now.

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
May 27 applied
May 28 biometrics letter
Aug 4 review started
Aug 10 approved
Congratulations! Did you received the approval letter?
I got approved today,too.
It shows "Final decision - August 10,2020: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details. "
However, there are not any new message below, and there is no approval letter.
Do I need to wait one more day?

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
It shows "Final decision - August 10,2020: Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details. "
What's your timeline? With or without Biometrics?

Greentealatte

May 30, 2019
the email will be provided in next 24hrs and you will receive the paper in 3weeks