+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Naaz1

Jul 7, 2020
I have a friend who applied on July 15, got his biometric correspondence letter on July 17 and approval in 1 hour. So basically 3 days!!!
Here I am, I applied on july 11th, i got the correspondence letter on July 14th and still waiting and I see some people here waiting since January. Hoping for the best for mine and everyone.

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
I have a friend who applied on July 15, got his biometric correspondence letter on July 17 and approval in 1 hour. So basically 3 days!!!
Here I am, I applied on july 11th, i got the correspondence letter on July 14th and still waiting and I see some people here waiting since January. Hoping for the best for mine and everyone.
Did your friend give biometric before?

Randp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hi I applied online on 28th May without Biometrics ... git my BIL on 29th ... the status still shows processing. God knows when its gonna be the next step. Kindly keep updated the timeline with your progresses. (Applied from within Canada)

Thanks

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
A friend applied in mid-June and got her PGWP a week ago. She already had the biometrics done from her study permit. Anyone that applied after May without biometrics got their permit?
Seems like even though the biometric is exempted for now, IRCC still only processes those applications with biometrics. Have seen so many applications get approved in few weeks but none of them is applied without biometric.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Seems like even though the biometric is exempted for now, IRCC still only processes those applications with biometrics. Have seen so many applications get approved in few weeks but none of them is applied without biometric.
I think it is still too early to tell because the exemption was issued only 10 days ago.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020

sxia

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
I applied on May 13th with no Biometrics within Canada. No update yet. It says we're processing your application.

Last edited:

Thalyssa

Jun 27, 2019
I applied on 16th July and got approved 21st of July. Inland with valid biometrics.
Lucky! I applied June 28 (with no biometrics). Still zip.

I'm anticipating some insane delays, bet they have thousands of applications they suddenly need to process when they introduced the biometrics exemption.

rohinislm98

Jul 27, 2020
I need advice in regards to my situation. I finished my undergraduate degree last June 2019, received my official degree in November 2019. I returned to school September 2019 for a post-graduate certificate program. I finished this April 2020. I was on study permit until March 2020. I applied for a study permit extension in February 2020 but did not receive it. It was still processing (still is processing!!). I thought that I would be going back to school September 2020 but I changed my mind and applied for my PGWP as I wanted to work instead. I submitted by undergraduate transcripts and degree in May 2020. The confirmation of graduation letter was dated November 2019. I also submitted my unofficial post-grad certificate transcript because I had not gotten the official one yet. I just received the official one last week and submitted it through the web form. I have not heard back from IRCC at all since May 2020 and have received some job offers which begin end of August 2020. I'm stressing as it's hard to find a job being foreign. Should I call an agent and explain my situation? Is there a possibility of my application being rejected?

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
I need advice in regards to my situation. I finished my undergraduate degree last June 2019, received my official degree in November 2019. I returned to school September 2019 for a post-graduate certificate program. I finished this April 2020. I was on study permit until March 2020. I applied for a study permit extension in February 2020 but did not receive it. It was still processing (still is processing!!). I thought that I would be going back to school September 2020 but I changed my mind and applied for my PGWP as I wanted to work instead. I submitted by undergraduate transcripts and degree in May 2020. The confirmation of graduation letter was dated November 2019. I also submitted my unofficial post-grad certificate transcript because I had not gotten the official one yet. I just received the official one last week and submitted it through the web form. I have not heard back from IRCC at all since May 2020 and have received some job offers which begin end of August 2020. I'm stressing as it's hard to find a job being foreign. Should I call an agent and explain my situation? Is there a possibility of my application being rejected?
It's probably the best to call IRCC and ask an agent about your situation.

rogertoland

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Canada
I applied for SP extension in Feb too.. No update for me yet.

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Is there anyone who had to submit Biometric but they were exempted from the new policy and their status got changed from Action required to Submitted?
Yes it happened to me and a couple of others on this thread. Seems like the status will change from action required to submitted 30 days after you applied since 30 days were the original biometrics deadlines. It doesn't have anything to do with the biometric exemptions. I applied late May and the status changed to submitted late June.