+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
My Status is changed to "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "
What did it say before?
I've had that message ever since I applied in June...

What does everyone else's application status say?

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
What did it say before?
I've had that message ever since I applied in June...

What does everyone else's application status say?
Yea I just checked, mine is the same.. I applied late May. I think the application status is default to "We are processing your application." as soon as one submits the application.

I think the only way to tell if they are processing the application is to check the status of eligibility review .

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
It was "Your action is required instead of "We're processing your application.
Wait, are we talking about the "current status" or the "application status"? My current status is "submitted" and the application status is "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Guys, I haven't received my official transcripts yet because my college is not processing transcript requests due to Covid-19 (though I got my diploma last week...) I explained this on my LOE. I applied for my PGWP on May 9th, what are the chances of being refused if I submitted all the other documents and other than that I meet all of the program's criteria?

I'm especially worried because I found my dream job and a refusal right now, with no possibility to flagpole ASAP would wreck my chances to obtain PR in a future.
I think you did the best you could. See this link about their announcement regarding incomplete PGWP application due to CVOID-19: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/canada-will-accept-incomplete-study-permit-and-pgwp-applications-0514438.html#gs.aqigwm
You will need to submit the official transcript via webform as soon as your school release them.

lferfga

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
It was "Your action is required instead of "We're processing your application.
You sure? Mine said "Your action is required" on the main page, but the message when I click 'check full application status' never changed.
On the main page it changed back to "submitted" one month after my application, which is the usual deadline for biometrics.

Anyway, I think everybody has the "We are processing your application" message now, so it's not really a sign that things are moving along, unfortunately.

Reactions: fakelucio

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
For those who mailed the application, how long did it take to have your application registered? I am very worried they lose my package as it is not in the system and I mailed in early June. How many months did you wait for registration to show up in the system?

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
Wait, are we talking about the "current status" or the "application status"? My current status is "submitted" and the application status is "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
I'm taking about application status.

mlh

Jul 17, 2020
For those who mailed the application, how long did it take to have your application registered? I am very worried they lose my package as it is not in the system and I mailed in early June. How many months did you wait for registration to show up in the system?
It took me about 1 month after mailing to link my paper application to my CIC account.