+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
You applied on Sep 25th. Just wait. Your PGWP will most likely come out before Jan 6th. People who applied middle of September are currently getting approved. Besides, your employer can allow you to resume on implied status
True , but next couple of weeks is going to be very slow due to holidays, if not stagnant. So my assumption is first week or second week of Jan. And I need to provide my PGWP atleast a week before joining.

momstudent87

Nov 17, 2016
True , but next couple of weeks is going to be very slow due to holidays, if not stagnant. So my assumption is first week or second week of Jan. And I need to provide my PGWP atleast a week before joining.

But you can start working without the actual PGWP, usually, you just need to provide a copy of the PGWP submission letter and maybe if they are not aware of the regulations you can point them to the CIC web page.

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Did you take summer off? Or did you take two courses in one of the terms?

My PGWP got refused with the specific reason
"Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:  University, community college, CEGEP,  publicly funded trade/technical school or  private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees"
I have done Full time 30 credit PDD program from Public School and have applied pgwp 5 days later after getting my graduation letter.
any suggestions what should i do next now.
Douglas College.
PDD- Financial Analysis
Graduated- Fall 2019
Work permit applied- Sep 15 2019
Refusal received- Dec 12 2019
Any suggestions what should i do next.

Rachelyoon

Aug 16, 2019
I applied on Agu 27 and I am still waiting.
I think many people who applied end of Aug and beginning of Sep got approved their PGWP. I am so stressed. How to contact CIC ?

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
But you can start working without the actual PGWP, usually, you just need to provide a copy of the PGWP submission letter and maybe if they are not aware of the regulations you can point them to the CIC web page.
They are aware of the regulations. Different companies have different internal policies. For example , TD would hire you in such a situation , but walmart would'nt. I am talking about IT jobs.

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
I applied on Agu 27 and I am still waiting.
I think many people who applied end of Aug and beginning of Sep got approved their PGWP. I am so stressed. How to contact CIC ?
Gosh , this means that there is a chance Ill have to wait for another month. This is simply not possible.

sandy99980

Sep 26, 2016
Gujarat india
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
17-10-2016
Avoid flagpole it’s totally depend on case to case and officers to officer it’s totally depends on their mood ,

applied PGWP August 27 ,

got job offer and the joining date was 9 dec so on 27 Nov. I went to do flagpole with my spouse who applied sowp extension on 30 sep at niagara the officer said we are closed for the day and he suggested us to go kingston as they open 24/7 and they accept all application, then next day we went to Kingston there the office was so rude and racist he didn’t even see our docs or listen us he directly said u go and apply online.

then we had no choice other-than waiting for our application applied online so we thought not to go ,

but next day PGWP approved on 28 so best is wait they are takin Around 95 days to approve for normal cases

Reactions: Doomski and xccd

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
What restoration did your agent apply for? Student or worker? How much did you pay? I'm confused about your dates, you said you completed school in April but applied 10 days after completing studies on 29 August? When did you know that you had graduated? This has nothing to do with convocation or getting paper diploma only with when the status of graduation was out & available at your school.
Restoration is what is mentioned in restoration

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
Today i got the mail from ircc to apply TRP ???
Does anyone has any idea how to apply
My agent seems to have no knowledge she is saying to take study offer letter from private college and then apply for restore study permit and TRP

i am sooo much stressed now refusal 2 times .... called cic they have put my file under reconsideration ..... i got the email about TRP
What should i do ???

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
Avoid flagpole it’s totally depend on case to case and officers to officer it’s totally depends on their mood ,

applied PGWP August 27 ,

got job offer and the joining date was 9 dec so on 27 Nov. I went to do flagpole with my spouse who applied sowp extension on 30 sep at niagara the officer said we are closed for the day and he suggested us to go kingston as they open 24/7 and they accept all application, then next day we went to Kingston there the office was so rude and racist he didn’t even see our docs or listen us he directly said u go and apply online.

then we had no choice other-than waiting for our application applied online so we thought not to go ,

but next day PGWP approved on 28 so best is wait they are takin Around 95 days to approve for normal cases
I think I am going to take your advice. Thanks a lot for your input.

Doomski

Nov 9, 2017
My agent seems to have no knowledge she is saying to take study offer letter from private college and then apply for restore study permit and TRP

i am sooo much stressed now refusal 2 times .... called cic they have put my file under reconsideration ..... i got the email about TRP
What should i do ???
Man, I am so sorry for everything youre going through. My advice would be to always apply for everything by yourself and involve no agents. Simply go through instructions on CIC website and apply. This time check everything atleast 5 times.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-remain-canada-temporary-resident-permit-holder.html

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

What should i do ???
Stop using agents! These are just people who read the ircc website like you and me. You need to see an immigration lawyer with experience in these things.