+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ranji777

Sep 11, 2019
Restoration to what status? If it was study permit you should have paid for study permit fee, restoration fee & pgwp fee. So check exactly what your consultant applied for. If you are past the 90 day deadline there is no way to regain status as far as I know, also if you are past the 180 days there is no way to apply for pgwp.

The other guy is talking about restoration to worker Im not sure how that works.
actually first time i applied for pgwp and it was refused then i applied restoration fee and work permit fee do i need to pay study permit fee also???( i dont know)

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
actually first time i applied for pgwp and it was refused then i applied restoration fee and work permit fee do i need to pay study permit fee also???( i dont know)
I have this question to literally 5-6 cic officers and they said as the law changed this year we don’t require a valid study permit so what you have applied with is correct ...100 for open work permit +155 for pgwp and 200 for restoration.. this is what they all said

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
My study permit expired on Nov 30, and I applied for SP extension on Oct 30 so now I have implied status.
I have now finished my degree requirements.
I just noticed that PGWP no longer need valid SP, does that mean I can go ahead and apply for PGWP now?
Or should I wait for the SP decision so that I don't complicate things...

ranji777

Sep 11, 2019
I have this question to literally 5-6 cic officers and they said as the law changed this year we don’t require a valid study permit so what you have applied with is correct ...100 for open work permit +155 for pgwp and 200 for restoration.. this is what they all said
no just now i spoke with agent, we also have to pay study permit fee also it seems

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
My study permit expired on Nov 30, and I applied for SP extension on Oct 30 so now I have implied status.
I have now finished my degree requirements.
I just noticed that PGWP no longer need valid SP, does that mean I can go ahead and apply for PGWP now?
Or should I wait for the SP decision so that I don't complicate things...
You don’t need to have SP at the time of the application but you must have STATUS in Canada to apply for pgwp. Go to the cic website to get more info.

GloryArsenal

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
PNP
You don’t need to have SP at the time of the application but you must have STATUS in Canada to apply for pgwp. Go to the cic website to get more info.
Does implied status count? I have the confirmation letter from CIC that they received my SP extension.
FYI, I have eTA so I do not need visitor visa

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
buddy when you applied for restoration, did you also applied for study permit?
What I don’t get is Why would one apply for study permit when trying to restore and get a pgwp? I have been looking at the previous responses and it just doesn’t make sense.
To apply for a study permit as well, you need a valid Letter of Acceptance from a DLI.
Personally, I didn’t apply for study permit when restoring cause i no longer was a student. And I believe it’s the same case for you as well.
Restoration is a really tricky thing, do your research well before making a decision.

Last edited:

ranji777

Sep 11, 2019
What I don’t get is Why on earth would one apply for study permit when trying to restore and get a pgwp? I have been looking at the previous responses and it just doesn’t make sense.
To apply for a study permit as well, you need a valid Letter of Acceptance from a DLI.
Personally, I didn’t apply for study permit when restoring cause i no longer was a student. And I believe it’s the same case for you as well.
Restoration is a really tricky thing, do your research well before making a decision.
i made paper application buddy, i paid 200$ for restoration and 255$ for PGWP ??

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
PGWP applied: September 12
Eligibility review: December 12
Approved 3 years: December 12
Province: ON

91 days

This forum has been very helpful, especially during the waiting period. However, I have learned that you can't believe everything that you read here. Every case is different, determined by its own merit and dependent on the case officer.

Those who are still waiting, don't give into anxiety and fears. Never lose hope! I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvnjie

khanemc2

Jun 16, 2018
PGWP applied: September 12
Eligibility review: December 12
Approved 3 years: December 12
Province: ON

91 days

This forum has been very helpful, especially during the waiting period. However, I have learned that you can't believe everything that you read here. Every case is different, determined by its own merit and dependent on the case officer.

Those who are still waiting, don't give into anxiety and fears. Never lose hope! I wish you all the best.
In how many terms you completed your program?