+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ranji777

Sep 11, 2019
I reapplied for pgwp again. Ircc is still working on the second application and they also reopened the first one. I didn’t send any webform asking for reconsideration recently. Btw is reconsideration the same as reopening the case?
you can ask
I reapplied for pgwp again. Ircc is still working on the second application and they also reopened the first one. I didn’t send any webform asking for reconsideration recently. Btw is reconsideration the same as reopening the case?
you can request for reconsideration through web form, if they willing they open the file but most cases they dont open.

Reactions: muzi98

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
The officer mentioned I wasn’t full-time throughout my program yet i was. Yes, i just hope that as well and look forward to a positive feedback from ircc.
My best guess is someone's application with the same credentials and details got approved and the officer realized he/she made a mistake on your application. That's why they re-opened it to give a second look. But its just a guess. Anyways I personally think the chances of you getting the approval are really good.

Reactions: muzi98

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
My best guess is someone's application with the same credentials and details got approved and the officer realized he/she made a mistake on your application. That's why they re-opened it to give a second look. But its just a guess. Anyways I personally think the chances of you getting the approval are really good.
Really appreciate the positive vibes! Thanks!!

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
That was me
I am still waiting
August 12 under restoration. and they don't ask for any money after applying.
Did you follow up on your application with ircc by any chance? It’s just that you applied on 12th august and it’s been a long time. Any feedback on your application?

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
This letter refers to your application for a Restoration and a Work Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
A visitor, worker or student who loses temporary resident status for failure to comply with the following conditions imposed under:
 paragraph 185(a),
 any of subparagraphs 185(b)(i) to (iii), or
 paragraph 185(c)
may be eligible for restoration of temporary resident status if an application is submitted within 90 days after loss of status and if following examination it is established that the applicant meets theinitialrequirementsfortheirstayandhascompliedwithanyotherconditionsimposed. In your case, you have not submitted the required $150.00 to be restored to a study permit; therefore you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored.
Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Work Permit is also refused.
Within 180 days of the date of applying for the post-graduation work permit, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
• They hold a valid study permit.
• They held a study permit.
• They were authorized to study in Canada without the requirement to obtain a study permit under paragraphs 188(1)(a) and (b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. IfyoudonotleaveCanadavoluntarily,enforcementactionmaybetakenagainst you.
You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status who is not eligib

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
A visitor, worker or student who loses temporary resident status for failure to comply with the following conditions imposed under:
 paragraph 185(a),
 paragraph 185(c)
may be eligible for restoration of temporary resident status if an application is submitted within 90 days after loss of status and if following examination it is established that the applicant meets theinitialrequirementsfortheirstayandhascompliedwithanyotherconditionsimposed. In your case, you have not submitted the required $150.00 to be restored to a study permit; therefore you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored.
Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Work Permit is also refused.
Within 180 days of the date of applying for the post-graduation work permit, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
• They were authorized to study in Canada without the requirement to obtain a study permit under paragraphs 188(1)(a) and (b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. IfyoudonotleaveCanadavoluntarily,enforcementactionmaybetakenagainst you.

can somebody guide me ??

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
 paragraph 185(a),
 paragraph 185(c)

can somebody guide me ??
Is this the complete message?
When did you get this reply? What are your timelines?
If you can tell me more about your case, I might be able to provide you with some info that might guide you.

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
Is this the complete message?
When did you get this reply? What are your timelines?
If you can tell me more about your case, I might be able to provide you with some info that might guide you.
Yes that is what i got from cic today
I applied through an agent in brampton.
I have completed my 2 year degree full time and 3.75GPA
I complete in april 2019
I applied earlier on 29 august and got refused stating that i have not uploaded transcripts on august 1 2019.
My SiN expired on july 31 2019. Howeveer on august 12 2019 i applied again under restoration through an agent
Now after 4 months i got refused again. I am soo confused that what should i do .

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
Yes that is what i got from cic today
I applied through an agent in brampton.
I have completed my 2 year degree full time and 3.75GPA
I complete in april 2019
I applied earlier on 29 august and got refused stating that i have not uploaded transcripts on august 1 2019.
My SiN expired on july 31 2019. Howeveer on august 12 2019 i applied again under restoration through an agent
Now after 4 months i got refused again. I am soo confused that what should i do .
When did your study permit expiry? On 31 july?
So when you applied, you applied under restoration as a worker or restoration as a student?