+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
I have finally got an approval.

My situation was that I graduated in June and started working full time until September 12 without authorized unknowingly. 2 weeks after I applied, I realized that I was not supposed to work before applying for PGWP so I sought help from my school adviser and CIC agents. About a month ago I decided to write an LOE explaining my situation that I was not aware of unauthorized work and I apologized.

Today I saw my profile changed to "application/profile updated" and I saw it was approved. I am celebrating!

PGWP applied: September 12
Eligibility review: December 10
Approved 3 years: December 11
Province: ON

90 days

Reactions: JamTur

ozrichards

Dec 9, 2019

My situation was that I graduated in June and started working full time until September 12 without authorized unknowingly. 2 weeks after I applied, I realized that I was not supposed to work before applying for PGWP so I sought help from my school adviser and CIC agents. About a month ago I decided to write an LOE explaining my situation that I was not aware of unauthorized work and I apologized.

Today I saw my profile changed to "application/profile updated" and I saw it was approved. I am celebrating!

90 days
Congrats

xccd

Dec 9, 2019

90 days
Good of them to forgive an honest mistake.

YukiLove

Nov 29, 2019
PGWP applied: September 4
Eligibility review: December 11

Got a request letter on Dec 5. Uploaded the required document the same day.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Applied - Sept. 9th
Review of Eligibility - Dec. 10th
Approved - Dec. 11th
PGWP Duration - 1 year for 1 year of PGDM
Location - Vancouver, BC

This had been the hardest and longest test of my patience as I am sure has been for almost everyone. Anyone still waiting for their approval hang in there, it will take time but you will get it.

This thread has been very helpful to me. If any one of you have any questions please @ me or put a post, I will check the thread regularly and help as much as I can.

Thanks and All the Best to everyone!

Reactions: dylanzzc and JamTur

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
REPOST! Looking for feedback, I’m pretty sure someone in the forum might have some clue about this. Thanks!!

Anyone experienced a refused pgwp case reopened?
I recently got a message in my account that my case has been reopened and to pay the 100$ open work permit holder fee that was basically refunded to me when my application was refused.
I got refused almost 3 months back as the officer said that I wasn’t eligible.
Under what circumstances does ircc reopen cases? i mean does this mean that I’m now eligible for pgwp and ircc probably made an error on their end? What do you think of this?

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
REPOST! Looking for feedback, I’m pretty sure someone in the forum might have some clue about this. Thanks!!

I recently got a message in my account that my case has been reopened and to pay the 100$ open work permit holder fee that was basically refunded to me when my application was refused.
Under what circumstances does ircc reopen cases? i mean does this mean that I’m now eligible for pgwp and ircc probably made an error on their end? What do you think of this?
What was the reason for your ineligibility? If they reopened your case that means they will apptove it, given all your documents and the form are correct amd valid.

ranji777

Sep 11, 2019

did you requested for reconsideration through web form??

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
did you requested for reconsideration through web form??
I reapplied for pgwp again. Ircc is still working on the second application and they also reopened the first one. I didn’t send any webform asking for reconsideration recently. Btw is reconsideration the same as reopening the case?

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
What was the reason for your ineligibility? If they reopened your case that means they will apptove it, given all your documents and the form are correct amd valid.
The officer mentioned I wasn’t full-time throughout my program yet i was. Yes, i just hope that as well and look forward to a positive feedback from ircc.