+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,
Anyone experienced a refused pgwp case reopened?
I recently got a message in my account that my case has been reopened and to pay the 100$ open work permit fee.
I got refused almost 3 months back as the officer said that I wasn’t eligible.
Under what circumstances does ircc reopen cases? i mean does this mean that I’m now eligible for pgwp and ircc probably made an error on their end?

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello,
I recently got a message in my account that my case has been reopened and to pay the 100$ open work permit fee.
Under what circumstances does ircc reopen cases? i mean does this mean that I’m now eligible for pgwp and ircc probably made an error on their end?

Congrats. Hurry up and pay the money! Your pgwp is going to approved soon.

Reactions: muzi98

jvnjie

Oct 22, 2019
Hello,
Hey Buddy! I saw you on another thread that you have applied for restoration of status and pgwp. How does that go? Maybe you’ve restored your status and now they reopen your application?

madany_mos

Dec 10, 2019
Hi, Today I found that IRCC requires bio-metrics. My question is it applicable for applicants who already applied 1 or 2 months ago

Last edited:

muzi98

Sep 7, 2019
Hey Buddy! I saw you on another thread that you have applied for restoration of status and pgwp. How does that go? Maybe you’ve restored your status and now they reopen your application?
I already applied again but still waiting for both applications: restoration as a visitor and pgwp. Some time is still left for the processing times to be complete. I just hope that the reopening of my case is a positive thing because why else would they reopen it when they already refused it earlier unless they made a mistake with their decision!!!

Reactions: jvnjie

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
That was me
I am still waiting
August 12 under restoration. and they don't ask for any money after applying.

Leonardgut89

Dec 11, 2019
Hello everybody! Just a quick question. Now days PGWP processing time its been around 3 and a half months, so, I applied Dec-11 and my wife has a SOWP which is valid until March-01-2020. Is there any chance We can apply for an extension on her work permit while waiting for mine? I believe there should be an options as the CIC gives you the opportunity to apply for the first time to the PGWP and OWP renewal at the same time. (I have employment on a "A" profession, and in about 45 days I will have those 3 pay slips.. Thanks.

Dec 11, 2019
That was me
I am still waiting
August 12 under restoration. and they don't ask for any money after applying.
you need to pay 200$ for restoration you can pay online and send them the receipt. if i were you i would do it right away since they have already started working on application received in august

try to call the cic to confirm how you will send them the receipt

here is the link to make the payment
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp

Gagandeep4410

Nov 18, 2019
you need to pay 200$ for restoration you can pay online and send them the receipt. if i were you i would do it right away since they have already started working on application received in august

try to call the cic to confirm how you will send them the receipt

here is the link to make the payment
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp
When i applied i pay 200$ for study permit and 300$ restoration form .... total was 600$ so i dont think after applying
We have to pay them more
I never got any msg abt this i just paid the form fees

Dec 11, 2019
When i applied i pay 200$ for study permit and 300$ restoration form .... total was 600$ so i dont think after applying
We have to pay them more
you're fine as long as you included the the receipt with the application. and if you paid extra they will refund you
let me know how everything goes

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
We have to pay them more
Still haven’t heard from them about the permit?