+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Following this thread has been super helpful, so I decided to share;

Application type: PGWP
Applied: October 13
Passport request: December 7th

The confusing part; the final decision part of my application is what is the bolded msg below. Though it says, my work permit has been approved, no information on what the length of my PGWP was provided, and everyone else talks about receiving a letter not sending a passport, so I'm confused about this part. Please if anyone has any experience with this please share. Thank you

Final decision Help - Final decision

• Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
If you apply outside Canada you also get a TRV which is what the passport is for. Are you checking on myCIC and sure length is not there?

Aji11

Dec 7, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have a question my study permit is expiring and PGWP is still in process. Am i allowed to work or not after my study permit expiration?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi Everyone, I have a question my study permit is expiring and PGWP is still in process. Am i allowed to work or not after my study permit expiration?
You are allowed to work full time until you get pgwp result, study permit doesnt matter anymore.

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
If you apply outside Canada you also get a TRV which is what the passport is for. Are you checking on myCIC and sure length is not there?
That is correct ..and also a confirmation letter stating approval of pgwp which would be granted on arrival at the port of entry (persons are to give the conf. letter to the officer on arrival)..however, this letter does not state duration.