+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Hi Ferns_Ivy, we are in the same boat. You can try to call them and ask the tracking number. I called them but they said my mail didn't have tracking number. I have nothing to do except waiting. I hope you don't run into problems like mine. Hope it can come soon.
I called CIC today and they basically told me the same thing. They said if it still did not show up in 6 weeks (19 Dec in my case), they would the resend the permit. I had my fight booked for next week and at this rate I don't think I'll make it. Keep me posted in case you get yours.

Ivy91

Nov 27, 2019
I applied on Aug 28
Approved on Nov 28
No email or notification
I was a fulltime student during the program except 2018 summer semester as I had to drop one course which turned me into part-time student. Explanation letter submitted together with my application.

coolfish

Jul 7, 2017
I applied on Aug 28

I found that my application status was changed today. It shows that the application is being reviewed now (We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.).

Last edited:

vish4501

Jun 13, 2018
Hello guys

I am currently doing my master which is two year program form DLI university. However, I have a question pertaining to post graduate work permit . If I completely my entire course I.e in 4 semesters without taking breaks .
would I get 3 year work permit( taking fall, winter ,summer ,fall )
or it depends on VO ?

Thanks in advance for reply

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello guys

I am currently doing my master which is two year program form DLI university. However, I have a question pertaining to post graduate work permit . If I completely my entire course I.e in 4 semesters without taking breaks .
or it depends on VO ?

Accelerated programs

If you complete your study program in less time than the normal length of the program, you may be eligible for a PGWP valid for the full length of your program.

For example, if you complete a 1 year study program in 8 months, you may be able to get a PGWP valid for 1 year.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello guys

or it depends on VO ?

Its seems unclear what exactly qualifies as accelerated, there is a person on here who did something similar and only got 1 year, while his classmates got 3.

Also just because university is a DLI doesnt mean it qualifies for PGWP.