+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ravpreet32

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello, i have a small question regarding what should i write in "Funds available for my stay" when i am applying my TRV? 3 year WP valid till 2022, applied on June 6th was approved on Sep 23.

Rahel. ka

Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys,
do you know what is the next step after our application approved?
I mean is it required to go some where to give our work permit or it gonna mail us

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Hi All
Today my friend's PGWP got rejected saying that 180 days had passed after his graduation.
In fact, the school made the mistake in his transcript and degree completion letter in the date section writing Dec 2018 but actually he completed his graduation in April 25, 2019.
Now what does everyone suggest what should he do?
IRCC gave him 30 days to relaunch his application.

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Hi All
Today my friend's PGWP got rejected saying that 180 days had passed after his graduation.
In fact, the school made the mistake in his transcript and degree completion letter in the date section writing Dec 2018 but actually he completed his graduation in April 25, 2019.
I would have the school correct the document and relaunch the application. Did he submit both letter and transcript?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I would have the school correct the document and relaunch the application. Did he submit both letter and transcript?
Yes. Both.
So new docs with corrected date and an explanation letter would do I hope. would this take 4 months again to reach a decision or it would be faster this time?

rtdjin3000

Sep 2, 2019
So, guys, me and my wife are going for the Flagpole tomorrow. We avoided Niagara and chose the Windsor-Detroit tunnel since we don't have a car. We will take the VIA Rail and travel there. Hope it goes smooth. Wish us luck. Hopefully will share our experience the following day.

Me - PGWP
Wife - SOWP extension
Guys got my PGWP yesterday.
It went pretty smooth. Took the VIA %>% Windsor Station %>% UBer to Windsor International Transit Terminal %>% Tunnel Bus to Detroit %>% Got the entry-decline form (The US side border security was confused - I think they are not well accustomed to such cases and initially looked at us as criminals) %>% Took the same bus to Canada Border Security %>% Went to the Immigration Building(Canada side) %>% Explained my situation to the immigration officer %>% Got the much-awaited PGWP.
Costed me: 100+155+85 (Biometrics additional)

The immigration officer was nice. She advised my wife not to apply for SOWP here and apply online to save money.
She also mentioned next time, if I am flagpoling, I need to have my medical e-certificate.
Overall nice experience. Bonus: Had Indian food in lunch @ Windsor Downtown (Very close to Immigration office)
Good luck guys...

Reactions: Toks01 and Mnl

rtdjin3000

Sep 2, 2019
Guys got my PGWP yesterday.
It went pretty smooth. Took the VIA %>% Windsor Station %>% UBer to Windsor International Transit Terminal %>% Tunnel Bus to Detroit %>% Got the entry-decline form (The US side border security was confused - I think they are not well accustomed to such cases and initially looked at us as criminals) %>% Took the same bus to Canada Border Security %>% Went to the Immigration Building(Canada side) %>% Explained my situation to the immigration officer %>% Got the much-awaited PGWP.
Costed me: 100+155+85 (Biometrics additional)

The immigration officer was nice. She advised my wife not to apply for SOWP here and apply online to save money.
She also mentioned next time, if I am flagpoling, I need to have my medical e-certificate.
Overall nice experience. Bonus: Had Indian food in lunch @ Windsor Downtown (Very close to Immigration office)
Good luck guys...

Someone just asked:
Hi, read ur flagpole experience, if I may ask, what documents did you need to bring? And what questions did the officer ask you? And how long did it take? Thanks :)

Replying here for the sake of everyone:
You only need to carry the passport, letter from University and the transcript. But if your case is unique/special, you need those supporting docs to convince the officer. They will ask all relative questions - did you worked full-time during studies? // is this is a full-time program? ... likewise.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi All
What did the ircc letter actually say, it seems strange that they would tell him to reapply if they thought he was that late. Also it is over 180 days now, I dont think he can apply now. Maybe try calling and having the file reopened.

misterpankaj2002

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Guys my application was approved on 12th October but still I did not get work permit hard copy in mail.
Anyone know how much time it will take and shall I call to IRCC for work permit hard copy.
Please help

Arshbehniwal

Sep 30, 2019
Got approved
Applied 12 July
Reviewing eligibility 29 Oct
Approved 30 Oct
But got 17 months work permit only after studying 2 years any solution or advise please

Reactions: ErinB67

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Finally Approved!!
Applied - July 11
Review - Oct 29
Approved - Oct 30
3 Years

Good luck to all those still waiting. I know its been hard, but it will be alright

Reactions: Rynn