+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

KristinaO

Aug 28, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied July 4th, they asked a transcript and a proof of completion of studies in October 23rd. I uploaded all the documents in October 24th. Review of eligibility 28th and today, October 29th I saw the status was updated to approved. Yay, BUT I got the work permit only until April 22, 2020 which is when my passport expires. I have a new one from my country, but I was only able to apply for a new passport, after I applied for my visa so the old one is attached to my application. The old one is still what I use, I have to travel back to my home country to get the new passport.
There is no messages yet or anything in my account. I'm pretty sure I got this little time on my visa because of the passport expiry. I was expecting/hoping to get 3 years, because I finished a BA Honours degree in 4 years of university, and all the other paperwork was absolutely fine.

What would you recommend doing? I have some minor and complicated ideas myself, but was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation, or has any advice how to move forward.

Richieeboy01

Oct 11, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied July 4th, they asked a transcript and a proof of completion of studies in October 23rd. I uploaded all the documents in October 24th. Review of eligibility 28th and today, October 29th I saw the status was updated to approved. Yay, BUT I got the work permit only until April 22, 2020 which is when my passport expires. I have a new one from my country, but I was only able to apply for a new passport, after I applied for my visa so the old one is attached to my application. The old one is still what I use, I have to travel back to my home country to get the new passport.
There is no messages yet or anything in my account. I'm pretty sure I got this little time on my visa because of the passport expiry. I was expecting/hoping to get 3 years, because I finished a BA Honours degree in 4 years of university, and all the other paperwork was absolutely fine.

What would you recommend doing? I have some minor and complicated ideas myself, but was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation, or has any advice how to move forward.

It's simple, When you get your new passport and before the work permit expires put in a new application for another work permit and you will get the rest of your work permit.

Reactions: KristinaO

Dukongo

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
I have apply July 10.
Today I got a message requesting the transcripts from all the studies done prior July 2019. I did an English course with a language academy when I just came to Canada, the course was for 2 months and after that, I started the college from which I had to extend my study permit and change it since I was about to start a post secondary course. My question is if I have to provide transcripts from the language school since the letter is saying "All the studies done prior July 2019". I don't know if that is an standard message or if it is actually very specific.

Richieeboy01

Oct 11, 2019
I have apply July 10.
Today I got a message requesting the transcripts from all the studies done prior July 2019. I did an English course with a language academy when I just came to Canada, the course was for 2 months and after that, I started the college from which I had to extend my study permit and change it since I was about to start a post secondary course. My question is if I have to provide transcripts from the language school since the letter is saying "All the studies done prior July 2019". I don't know if that is an standard message or if it is actually very specific.
Submit both if you can.

Jimi01

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Strange case of mine:

applied: 29 June
request for transcript: 22 Oct
No update since then. I submitted my transcript long long ago through webmail but seems they never update, also change of address. Hope this week they will remember to touch my file again...