+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ajz

Aug 8, 2019
Hello everyone. I need your help:

So I got a new company interested in hiring me and they are asking if I have any document where it is stating that I am on "Implied status and that I can legally work while I wait for my PGWP"

Do we have anywhere where it says anything like that? like with the name and so on?
Please help, I am really interested in getting hired there.

fayebelief

Sep 23, 2019
Hello everyone. I need your help:

So I got a new company interested in hiring me and they are asking if I have any document where it is stating that I am on "Implied status and that I can legally work while I wait for my PGWP"

Do we have anywhere where it says anything like that? like with the name and so on?
Please help, I am really interested in getting hired there.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=188&top=17

Oct 7, 2019
I didn't get any email notifications but i just got approved!

Applied date: June 16, 2019
Review of eligibility: I didn't see this, just got a ghost update this morning but when I clicked it, it was changed to Submitted status again
Final decision made: October 7, 2019
3 Years work permit

Good luck with everyone who is waiting! You will get yours soon!

Reactions: ErinB67

MHD22

May 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a question:
I want to extend my wife's open work permit. I got my pgwp and already started my job. From discussions here, I know that I need an employment letter and two payslips.
I am doing a postdoctoral fellowship and asked the university to mention NOC codes in my letter, but they said they could not do that.
My question is, does the letter mention NOC code, or this will be figured by the officer?
Do I need to include any other documents?

Thank you in advance

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
So im guessing i shouldn't take that risk or should i call border services and inquire about it seeing you expressed that there would be no way to re-enter while i wait for my pgwp to be approved under implied status?
You cannot re-enter without a visitor visa

CMash

Oct 8, 2019
Hi All, I have submitted my application on May 16th but still no updates. Its really making me nervous as they have started processing the applications which were submitted a month after me.
I also applied May 17th and still nothing. I wasn’t worried till I saw approvals from June 12th

R3dbeard

Dec 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Applied June 14
Approved October 07

Question for you guys: The Validity date on the auto-generated letter they send; is this a "you have until this date to enter Canada" thing or an indication of the length of the work permit?