+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

deepu6400

Aug 7, 2019
Applied on May 17th
IRCC requested for additional documents on Aug 22
Uploaded documents on Aug 27
Review of Eligibility started on September 5
Approved on September 5

Hey guys, I can't believe I'm finally writing a post about my permit approval here. I'd like to thank all the people who have been uploading updates of their permit status and helping each other by answering their questions that helped keep myself sane and be patient until the final decision was made. This thread was literally my lifesaver. My situation was quite unusual in comparison to other people's who were guaranteed to receive the PGWP, which is why I think it's worth sharing my application process for those who are in the same boat, perhaps.

For me, I had a calculated risk to get my PGWP rejected since I took 2 part-time studies during my academic semesters, one including the very last semester and another one in my second year in the second semester(according to the IRCC you're supposed to maintain a full-time student for every academic semester except for the very last one to be fully qualified to apply for the PGWP). At first, I wasn't sure if I should even consider applying and sign up for a 3-month waiting-game and not being able to visit my family in my hometown until the final decision was made whether that be positive or negative. After talking to one of my acquaintances who was an immigration consultant I decided to give it a try and apply since she told me it's still worth applying regardless of the possibility of getting rejected. She said if I'm lucky enough I might be able to get it.

Later on August 22nd, I was fortunate to get a request letter for an additional document instead of receiving a rejection letter right away - the IRCC knew I took 2 part-time studies based on my official transcript and wanted to know the reason why I did so and asked other questions alongside. I then had to write a personal statement draft about the various reasons that led me to take part-time and what I was doing back then to keep actively pursuing my studies. I wouldn't elaborate the whole thing here but my case was based on humanity and compassion since I had to go through depression and financial struggles myself. I also explained I had to work three different jobs while taking a semester off to save up money for the tuition fees and how hard I worked for my grad project at school.

The deadline to submit the additional document was due August 29th but I managed to upload it on the 27th. There were no updates or whatsoever since then for about a week which was very nerve-wracking. And finally, I noticed there was an update for my application status early in the afternoons today and that the review of eligibility had started(by the way I didn't receive any emails from them regarding the update). About half an hour later I signed in to my account again and realized my permit finally got approved :)

Long story short, if you happened to take 2 part-time studies and are worried that you won't get your PGWP I would recommend that at least you try to give it a shot and apply anyway because you never know.

Thanks for reading and I really hope all the best to those people who are still waiting for their permit. Good luck, everyone! :)
Its always a beautiful morning after dark night.. best of luck

Kv1

Sep 6, 2019
Hi, everyone
Sorry for this late reply, but I applied for my PGWP on 25th may and they did an ghost update on 4th september, and on 5 th September around 3 PM, I got my work permit, but I didn't get any emails, also even in the CIC website i didn't get any new messages. It just shows your application has been approved. Is that normal

Kv1

Sep 6, 2019
Hi, everyone
Sorry for this late reply, but I applied for my PGWP on 25th may and they did an ghost update on 4th september, and on 5 th September around 3 PM, I got my work permit, but I didn't get any emails, also even in the CIC website i didn't get any new messages. It just shows your application has been approved. Is that normal
Also, it says "COUNTRY OF ISSUE" India, should I be wo

Kv1

Sep 6, 2019
Applied 24th May and still no updates! Even 25th May applications are processed already. Anyone in a similar situation?
Me and my friend both apply PGWP together there wasn't even a minute difference between us, but i got mine yesterday and he

Potter3x6

Sep 6, 2019
I applied on May 28th. Just got an email today (Sept 6) asking for my transcript. I’ve submitted it right away. Hoping that this won’t delay my application

awz13

Sep 6, 2019
I applied on May 28th. Just got an email today (Sept 6) asking for my transcript. I’ve submitted it right away. Hoping that this won’t delay my application
I applied on May 28 as well and just got the same email. Hopefully it doesn't delay things for us!

awz13

Sep 6, 2019
Just curious, did you only submit a letter of completion then in your initial application?
I only submitted a letter of completition since I was under the assumption that one or the other was fine and I don't remember there being a spot to upload both.

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
I only submitted a letter of completition since I was under the assumption that one or the other was fine and I don't remember there being a spot to upload both.
I did the same for my application and was under the same assumption as well. And I don't think it will delay your application by that much. You've waited this long and you will get the permit soon!

smanchanda

Feb 15, 2016
I submitted my file on June 10. and did not upload transcript! I am expecting to receive same request as you may be next week! :(

Anya83

Aug 6, 2019
I just got approved! So happy.

Applied on May 28th
Eligibility review started on Sept. 5th
Approved for 3 years on Sept. 6th

I wish all of you good luck! And thank you for helping me with information's.