+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Hi guys, I applied PGWP May 30th and still waiting for updates too. I just would like to ask if we can already apply for my spouse open work permit? I currently work with NOC A job and have 3 pay slips already.
I applied first, when I get approved, then I will apply for my wife's open work permit extension. She holds an open work permit since 2017. We could've applied together but her passport is expiring soon that was why we postponed her extension application. We still need to wait for her new passport.

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Hi, does anyone know if biometrics are requested as they begin to review eligibility or before? Also, are biometrics even being asked for?
If you apply thru flagpole they will ask for it. I accompanied my friend to the border and they asked her to pay and submit for biometrics. I don't think they will ask for biometrics if online because they didn't ask us to pay for it.

Reactions: Etym

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
For those who are applying for student visa with spouse working permit and dependent child, is it possible that the spouse and dependent child got approved, but not the student permit?
No. Their permits will depend on the study permit whether it's approved or not. That was why when I first applied for my study permit, I only applied alone. When I got the approval, I applied for their TRVs only. We applied for my wife's OWP when we reached Vancouver Intl Airport (POE) because it will only take 30 mins there vs 10 weeks online processing time. After 2 mos, I applied for my daughter's study permit too eventhough she can study in middle school without it. I just thought that it's safer that she has her own study permit because I can attach her to my MSP. Without the study permit, she doesn't have her own healthcare card.

bel

Jul 20, 2012
Mine is 172 days and no updates till now. Applied last February 5, 2019, for PGWP. Been waiting for so long, sending email to CIC Webform for four times. Same reply I get. The application still on process. Called CIC for three times, the last time last July 10, 2019. The agent told me that I have an open application still on process, that every officer is different, etc.....all I need is to wait. I'm so stressed right now.....

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Mine is 172 days and no updates till now. Applied last February 5, 2019, for PGWP. Been waiting for so long, sending email to CIC Webform for four times. Same reply I get. The application still on process. Called CIC for three times, the last time last July 10, 2019. The agent told me that I have an open application still on process, that every officer is different, etc.....all I need is to wait. I'm so stressed right now.....
OMG! I hope we get ours soon.. Yours is almost 6 mos already.. That's really stressful. Is your study permit and TRV still valid?

Torssynemmy

Jul 14, 2019
I applied since March 1st and still processing too, called them this week and said I have an open application. So confused rn, don’t know why they are taking so long

deej28

Jul 23, 2019
what do they mean by open application ? now this got me really stressed

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
I strongly suggest that you call or email the office of the member of Parliament representing your riding and ask him/her to follow up.

Etym

Jul 14, 2019
How confident is everyone that applied between May 12th and May 17th that they will get their PGWP decision before the 94-95 day mark?

hkang12

May 7, 2019
How confident is everyone that applied between May 12th and May 17th that they will get their PGWP decision before the 94-95 day mark?
im not confident. i can only hope. people waiting since feb. IDK why they taking this much time. hope they get approved cz they feeling they going through rn ony they can understand it.

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018

hkang12

May 7, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Select temporary residence and then work permit extension.

They are only working on April applications at this point.

It’s at 95 days processing minimum. Try not to worry until your 95 days has passed, or else you will have a long 3 months of waiting.
Well i think there’s difference between PGWP and holding a work permit and want to extend it. if they are working on April application how people applied between April 25 to may 12 got there approved in an average of 45 days. it all depends on number of files they got. That’s my point of view.