+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Thank you devinelight. Just to confirm, does the following mean that with a valid study permit/visa if I do get approved while away they will allow me to enter as a worker even with a student TRV?
  • If we approved your post-graduation work permit while you were away, you may enter as a worker
What does a TRV allow you to do? It allows you to go to the border and ask for entry. That's all. A TRV doesn't guarantee entry to Canada no matter what your temporary status is.

Also the category on the TRV is irrelevant at this point for you (doesn't matter if it says student worker or visitor). As long as it is valid you can use it to go to the border and ask for reentry.

Reactions: Etym

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hey everyone. I applied for my PGWP on May 14th. My study permit expires on August 21st 2019 and I am currently working full-time hours as a part-time employee. If the PGWP processing goes beyond the study permit expiry date, am I still allowed to work after August 21st? Some info on the CIC website states that I should cease working immediately, whereas some state that I can. Im guessing there must be some of you in a similar situation. Can anybody be kind enough to answer this for me?

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hey everyone. I applied for my PGWP on May 14th. My study permit expires on August 21st 2019 and I am currently working full-time hours as a part-time employee. If the PGWP processing goes beyond the study permit expiry date, am I still allowed to work after August 21st? Some info on the CIC website states that I should cease working immediately, whereas some state that I can. Im guessing there must be some of you in a similar situation. Can anybody be kind enough to answer this for me?
The study permit is irrelevant now. If it was valid when you applied you can continue doing what you are doing until you hear back about the PGWP.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
As long as you applied before study permit expired you are on implied work permit status i.e you are a person considered to have an open work permit. You can work without restriction until they make a decision on your PGWP application. Only if it is rejected do you have to stop working.

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017

IamBeingPatient

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
As long as you applied before study permit expired you are on implied work permit status i.e you are a person considered to have an open work permit. You can work without restriction until they make a decision on your PGWP application. Only if it is rejected do you have to stop working.
Since I have applied for a new work permit and not a study permit extension, it seems like I cant work. But I will look into it further. Thank you for getting back to me.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Since I have applied for a new work permit and not a study permit extension, it seems like I cant work. But I will look into it further. Thank you for getting back to me.
No, once you apply for PGWP with a valid study permit you are now on an implied work permit and you can work full time regardless of what happens to study permit. You are looking at wrong information.

Reactions: IamBeingPatient

Jillm

Dec 15, 2018
Hlo everyone applied on 11may received today on 18 july.But they gave me only one year pgwp.i am in stress now.I am done my study with reputated college with two years post graduate course.I am eligible for 3years pgwp. No any study gap No any failure in during my study also my GPA is 3.4. Can anyone now help me.I have no idea please help me .

Is it possible your passport is not valid for long enough?

You can send them a message through webform for reconsideration.