+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Shesa

Jun 20, 2019
I applied on May 14th. I hope I get mine soon. Because the cic website says 99 days or they're still working on the march applicants. How come some already got theirs? it's never clear?

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
I applied on May 14th. I hope I get mine soon. Because the cic website says 99 days or they're still working on the march applicants. How come some already got theirs? it's never clear?
I guess the time depends on your home country. The Canadian visa office/embassy in your country is the one who will process it. So maybe those who got approved in the 38-40ish days came from the same country.

Shesa

Jun 20, 2019
I guess the time depends on your home country. The Canadian visa office/embassy in your country is the one who will process it. So maybe those who got approved in the 38-40ish days came from the same country.
Ohh okay. I'm from the Philippines. Thanks for answering my question

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
I applied May 15. You're on your 39th day. I wish you get yours tomorrow :)

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
You got yours na? I didn't know sa Manila pala nila e process yan. I hope so too. Anxious na ako hehe
Yup. Check all your permits, Manila nakalagay sa taas. So even if we applied here sa Canada, they will forward them to Manila. Hindi ko pa nakuha ung akin, mauuna ka definitely by one day :)

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
English please we all stressed rn
You can check where they process your papers on the visa that they put in your passport. I told her she will definitely get her PGWP a day before me because in the previous reply on this thread she said that she applied last May 14, and I applied May 15.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
You can check where they process your papers on the visa that they put in your passport. I told her she will definitely get her PGWP a day before me because in the previous reply on this thread she said that she applied last May 14, and I applied May 15.
i applied on 16th may so i be after you guys

ollimac

Jun 20, 2019
I have a question:
in the year 2000, I graduated from a College in Canada, and I could work just for ONE year after Graduation, in a field related to the one I studied.(It was a Working Permit)

Back to Canada in 2017, graduated again in 2019...I have sent my PGWP request last May 21...but now I have a doubt:
- one of the point to obtain the pgwp is that I never had to get one...

Does that "post graduation permit" in year 2000 count as valid pgwp even if the rules where completely different at that time??

I know that PGWP where completely changed in 2008...

Because if they count it, for sure I will get rejected I think...and even worst I am working at the moment with a regular contract, I will risk to loose the job.

PS. For my age, my points are not enough to qualify for a Express Entry draft.

Thanks in advance.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Yup. Check all your permits, Manila nakalagay sa taas. So even if we applied here sa Canada, they will forward them to Manila. Hindi ko pa nakuha ung akin, mauuna ka definitely by one day :)
What was the refrence about Hindi here, if you dont mind me asking :rolleyes: