+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Sandy6774

Jun 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied on 3rd Apr and still waiting for pgwp however my all friends literally all of them got work permit on 5th and 6th June and they applied on 18th Apr.
So we had the same course which is masters for 2 years from university of Alberta.

Why mine is still under processing.

If you guys can share your experience that would be a great help.

Thanks

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied on 3rd Apr and still waiting for pgwp however my all friends literally all of them got work permit on 5th and 6th June and they applied on 18th Apr.
So we had the same course which is masters for 2 years from university of Alberta.

Why mine is still under processing.

If you guys can share your experience that would be a great help.

Thanks

Depends on which officer is working on your application...it’s not one officer that works...maybe sometime next week you will get reply...

Ik it frustrating but hopefully u get it!!!

Reactions: Sandy6774

Sandy6774

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Just to add I also attached my transcript by web form and got there reply that they received it on 9tg April. Is that the reason mine is delayed.

Bdw when did you applied?

lovepreq

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Applied : 8 march
Approved :june 7

Good luck everyone.

That’s indeed a long wait!!!

@newgrad2019 did you see how it works... :(
Some process fast while some are slow!

Also I think it has to do with the web form for those who didn’t submit some sort of document!!! And web form makes the application process faster “I think”
:rolleyes:o_O

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Bro but i was working part time when i was a part time student as my international student advisor advised me tht i can work part time being part time student in last semester if you were full time in all previous semesters. but many of my friends telling me now that you were not allowed to work at all. so im worried about this work can be any issue. please anyone with information reply
Absolutely no need to worry ! This is straight from CIC

Full-time students with a part-time course load in their final academic session
Students who have maintained full-time status for the duration of their program of study, and who only require a part-time course load in their final academic session in order to complete their program of study, may work off campus up to 20 hours per week during their final academic session.

Maximum working hours permitted
Students eligible to work under paragraph R186(v) can do the following:

• work up to 20 hours per week during academic sessions once they have commenced their program of study
  • work full time during regularly scheduled breaks between academic sessions regardless of their course load

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Absolutely no need to worry ! This is straight from CIC

Full-time students with a part-time course load in their final academic session
Students who have maintained full-time status for the duration of their program of study, and who only require a part-time course load in their final academic session in order to complete their program of study, may work off campus up to 20 hours per week during their final academic session.

Maximum working hours permitted
Students eligible to work under paragraph R186(v) can do the following:

• work up to 20 hours per week during academic sessions once they have commenced their program of study
  • work full time during regularly scheduled breaks between academic sessions regardless of their course load
Thank you so much for your reply. hopefully i get approved because i failed courses in semesters and had to take two extra semesters to complete those courses. ended up getting 2.3 GPA.

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply. hopefully i get approved because i failed courses in semesters and had to take two extra semesters to complete those courses. ended up getting 2.3 GPA.
Any one with information cz i litterly failed fir two semesters and then had to take those courses again. is it going tobe problem.