+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Karansa

Dec 19, 2018
Hey guys I’m wondering about my pgwp I applied on 8 nov and the thing is i got a job n my orientation day is on 14 of Jan n the HR team needs the WP before that date..what u think I’ll get my pgwp before 14 jan?

k_k_1689

Nov 30, 2018
Hey guys I’m wondering about my pgwp I applied on 8 nov and the thing is i got a job n my orientation day is on 14 of Jan n the HR team needs the WP before that date..what u think I’ll get my pgwp before 14 jan?
If your study permit is still valid, get your PGWP from the border. I am also in a similar situation. My joining date was 3rd Dec. My manager was kind enough and told me to send the work permit as soon as I get it. I applied for PGWP on 2nd Nov and my study permit and trv both expired on 6th of Nov. I have to w8 till Jan 10-15th.

Karansa

Dec 19, 2018
If your study permit is still valid, get your PGWP from the border. I am also in a similar situation. My joining date was 3rd Dec. My manager was kind enough and told me to send the work permit as soon as I get it. I applied for PGWP on 2nd Nov and my study permit and trv both expired on 6th of Nov. I have to w8 till Jan 10-15th.
Thanks..but i dont know I think this is a bad idea..let me hear more suggestions!

khizar95

Nov 14, 2016

If you go to border, make sure you are from Visa exempt country. Else you can't get it from there.

khizar95

Nov 14, 2016
Hey guys can we have two PGWP active applications as backup? Will second one affect the first one in anyway?

khizar95

Nov 14, 2016
No you cannot. It will delay result on your application.
Thanks, even if they both have a big difference of when they were submitted?

IRCC Call center agent told me that before 90days are over from school completion date, I can submit another one and the first one will not be affected. Depending on the outcome of the first application, I can withdraw the second one later on.

I submitted on Oct 13, soon my application will be processed. But my 90 days from school completion date will be getting over on Dec 22.
They haven't processed my PGWP application and I am worried if they reject the first one and I cross the 90 days period. That's why I was thinking to send another one to be on the safe side.

Will you recommend me? Thanks!

Tony16

Nov 13, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
applied pwgp on 25th sep

no updates so far

contacted them through webform
Says ur application is under regular processing times

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Thanks, even if they both have a big difference of when they were submitted?

IRCC Call center agent told me that before 90days are over from school completion date, I can submit another one and the first one will not be affected. Depending on the outcome of the first application, I can withdraw the second one later on.

I submitted on Oct 13, soon my application will be processed. But my 90 days from school completion date will be getting over on Dec 22.
They haven't processed my PGWP application and I am worried if they reject the first one and I cross the 90 days period. That's why I was thinking to send another one to be on the safe side.

Will you recommend me? Thanks!
Well, I say if you have not submitted any document then fill web form and send it to them. If you wanna apply second application you can go for it. But it may result in delay outcome of your PGWP application.

Reactions: khizar95

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021
Application submitted Oct 13, 68 days passed. Still processing. Taking so long :/
You would get a response soonest, an application from the first and second week in October is what is currently being processed