+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Cynthia93

Jul 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Accra VFS
App. Filed.......
16/09/2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
13/01/2017
Med's Done....
18/01/2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
So far as you are in still in full student status is valid, you can add some courses online.
It is better you take the failed course online, you wouldn't have an issue doing the course online
Thanks

khizar95

Nov 14, 2016
Anyone who got approval/eligibility review recently?

My application was accepted on October 13. Really hoping if they can process it before Christmas by 21 Dec.

pmz85

Jul 19, 2018
Hello all friends,

I had this conversation before:

'' My study permit will expire on Feb15,2019 ( my Wife's work permit as well) and we both are working. I am graduating in December (next month) and going to apply for PGWP by Jan10, 2019 and extension of my wife's WP, as I can meet the conditions for her WP extension. So, what if I won't receive the WPs by the expiry date of our documents ( Feb15)? Can we work after that date until we receive our WPs or we have to stop working?!''

The answer I received from a nice fiend here in this group:
'' Can work until decision made. Better to update SIN after expired.''

I have another question if someone can kindly answer it I would appreciate:

... can I update my SIN number when I haven't received my study permit, yet, at that time? ... Because, I wouldn't have any specific status in Canada during the time when I'm waiting for my PGWP! right!??

Anna2016

Oct 17, 2018
Anyone who got approval/eligibility review recently?

My application was accepted on October 13. Really hoping if they can process it before Christmas by 21 Dec.
I applied on the 10th, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get good news by the 17th, today makes 66 days

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello all friends,

'' My study permit will expire on Feb15,2019 ( my Wife's work permit as well) and we both are working. I am graduating in December (next month) and going to apply for PGWP by Jan10, 2019 and extension of my wife's WP, as I can meet the conditions for her WP extension. So, what if I won't receive the WPs by the expiry date of our documents ( Feb15)? Can we work after that date until we receive our WPs or we have to stop working?!''

... can I update my SIN number when I haven't received my study permit, yet, at that time? ... Because, I wouldn't have any specific status in Canada during the time when I'm waiting for my PGWP! right!??
1. Yes you can work until decision is made on your work permit if you have applied for work permit.
2. No, you cannot update SIN if you do not have valid Permit either Study or Work.

Reactions: pmz85

Yommex

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
New Brunswick
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-05-2020
Doc's Request.
04-06-2020
Nomination.....
25-06-2020
AOR Received.
24-06-2021
Med's Done....
25-05-2021
Hello all friends,

You and your wife can continue working full time once you have applied within 90 days from graduation date.
However, your SIN Number can be changed once your status has changed from Student only

Reactions: pmz85

Anna2016

Oct 17, 2018
Congrats. Did you submitted school completion letter or transcript? Was fulltime written on school completion letter?
To save on time I gave them everything, official transcripts, Diploma, completion letter and in my case a supporting document to show why I took longer to complete the final semester.