+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

nehamaan

Jun 4, 2015
Hello everyone!

I applied for a pgwp from India on the 11th of June! Still no updates on my account.

I submitted an application along with my final transcript which had the degree granted remark.

I am soo stressed :(

ShahK

Sep 2, 2018
Hi Guys,

I applied PGWP (online) on 28th May. Got approval on 23rd July (3 years). But haven't received the hard copy by mail yet. Anybody else in the same boat? Can you share your timeline ? Thanks!
@maxi700 mine was approved July 11th and nothing in the mail yet. I have tried calling CIC over and over and can't get through. Did you receive yours???

Last edited:

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Hey guys,

My PGWP just got approved last week and I'm just wondering if it's fine to apply for my Temporary Resident Visa before my actual permit arrive? Help please.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
Hey guys,

My PGWP just got approved last week and I'm just wondering if it's fine to apply for my Temporary Resident Visa before my actual permit arrive? Help please.
No. You need to submit a copy of your PGWP in order to apply for a TRV

ShahK

Sep 2, 2018
Oh, thanks for responding! Anyone knows how long does it take for them to mail them?
@winev I assume it's just the regular mailing time with Canada Post. That being said, it's been 7 days plus and I'm still waiting for my replacement copy and it was only being sent to Vancouver. Canada Post lost my original copy and it was never delivered so I'm afraid it might happen again.

vidit kataria

Nov 24, 2017
When have you applied?
I am trying to call them but I am not being transferred to an agent :(
Hello everyone!

I applied for a pgwp from India on the 11th of June! Still no updates on my account.

I submitted an application along with my final transcript which had the degree granted remark.

I am soo stressed :(

Hi. Even i applied for my wife for PGWP on 7th June from India. Still no update.
Any idea what can we do from here to contact CIC? Further you can contact us on my wife's id in case you get any update.
nishabedi1987@gmail.com

mattlopez12

Aug 27, 2018
Just so everyone knows: the processing time according to the CIC website is now of 56 days. Today (Sept4) they're working on the applications received on June30.

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Just so everyone knows: the processing time according to the CIC website is now of 56 days. Today (Sept4) they're working on the applications received on June30.
I've called them on Friday and have been told that they are still working on applications received on or before June 21st.

(Ive applied on June 24th - still no update)

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Did anyone that applied with a spouse receive their pgwp? My application is now 78 days and i just received a job offer for which they demand my work permit. Can i just go to the border? This is a dream job

Lena32

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
London, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Did anyone that applied with a spouse receive their pgwp? My application is now 78 days and i just received a job offer for which they demand my work permit. Can i just go to the border? This is a dream job
I applied July 4, still waiting (67days).
I tried to get OWP on the border July 17, but the officer said that since I have already applied online, there is no reason for him to give me OWP and I need to wait. He even wrote on my WP, that I'm on implied status. I tried to explain that no one will hire me with implied status, but this argument did not work.

Reactions: Joselyn

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I applied July 4, still waiting (67days).
I tried to get OWP on the border July 17, but the officer said that since I have already applied online, there is no reason for him to give me OWP and I need to wait. He even wrote on my WP, that I'm on implied status. I tried to explain that no one will hire me with implied status, but this argument did not work.
Did you apply with a spouse? My application was submitted june 15th. I called them today, no concrete info about reason for delays, the agent only said they will send a reminder to processing officer

Reactions: Joselyn