+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
I am wondering if the PGWP applications that are taking much longer than 51 days are because maybe it has the PGWP applicant + WP spouse at the same time application.
I guess so, because i am applying for pgwp for my self and open work permit extensions for my spouse. It makes logical sense plus I didn’t violate the conditions of my study permit. I already sent a case specific enquiry and also called them nor concrete explanation from them. P.S I applied june 15 and processing time was 60 days when I submitted.

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
I applied on 20th June. for my post graduate work permit my husband would and two kids student visa .Today is 70 days since . I call spoke to a nice lady who said the file was passed to process and she will let the officer know more keeping positive

Saz123

Aug 30, 2018
Hey,
Applied on July 5
Eligibility review: August 29
Approved for 3 years: August 30

I didn’t receive any email or messages in my account. I just checked the on’ application daily.

Good luck to all :)

Aug 30, 2018
Hello I applied on June 14th and I'm still waiting :( I guess I'm the last one. They didn't even start to review my eligibility and my spouse's eligibility as well. I tried to call there but couldn't talk to an agent. Anyone who applied on June 14th still waiting?
I am the same like you . Applied on June 16th and have not received anything.

Saz123

Aug 30, 2018
I was the only applicant on my application. I don’t think it is allowed to add dependents on pgwp because its open work permit. After after obtaining one, u can apply for the work permit of dependents as long as u work in NOC A,O or B. And have 3 pay stubs.

Pls refer to cic.gc.ca for more infor

Reactions: MissyTin

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
I was the only applicant on my application. I don’t think it is allowed to add dependents on pgwp because its open work permit. After after obtaining one, u can apply for the work permit of dependents as long as u work in NOC A,O or B. And have 3 pay stubs.

Pls refer to cic.gc.ca for more infor
That shouldn't be the problem. You're just applying as a family. Application for all family members would be reviewed at the same time. It's important to have a full-time job in required NOC level, provide pay stubs, and a letter from the employer confirming responsibilities etc.

Spouse work permit depends on the main applicant pgwp and a job offer. It's a shame that it takes so long to process applications.

They are not even picking up the phone as they are receiving a high number of calls. I am surprised that applications are not reviewed in order....

Aug 30, 2018
I'm still waiting as well :( probably this long wait it's because they have to process all the student visas for the students that the classes start in September. Let's see...
i called them today. The agent said they give the processing team 1 more week. If till next week i still have not receive it i can call back and they will give me reason for the delay.

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
i called them today. The agent said they give the processing team 1 more week. If till next week i still have not receive it i can call back and they will give me reason for the delay.
When have you applied?
I am trying to call them but I am not being transferred to an agent :(