+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Monix01

May 10, 2018
Has anyone tried going to the border to get the PGWP? Any tips?
I need my work permit asap and was hoping to get it there.

Viji_muthu

May 11, 2018
Hi guys! My graduate program is of 16 months duration. Can anyone please tell me for how long will I be granted work permit? If its lesser than three years is it possible to extend the work permit for some period before applying for PR?

bamboo1229

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi guys! My graduate program is of 16 months duration. Can anyone please tell me for how long will I be granted work permit? If its lesser than three years is it possible to extend the work permit for some period before applying for PR?
If your program is less than 2 years you may be granted the same length of your program.

Viji_muthu

May 11, 2018
Okay. My program is of 16 months so if I am granted 16 months work permit , would it be possible to extend the work permit for few more months before it expires?

yuyu

Aug 25, 2012
Hi everyone, I would like to ask for everyone's opinion. I have gotten a job offer from an employer. I have also retrieved my graduation letter and transcript (bachelors + masters in canada) . I like to ask for the following opinion on getting PGWP:

a) Apply online (i will risk the processing time being long; particularly at this time of the year when everyone is graduating)
b) Apply at port of entry (I am planning on going home for 1 week or so)
c) Flagpole at niagara falls.

My job doesnt start until mid june. and i come from visa exempt country
Can anyone advice which is the best option ?

Last edited:

bamboo1229

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi everyone, I would like to ask for everyone's opinion. I have gotten a job offer from an employer. I have also retrieved my graduation letter and transcript (bachelors + masters in canada) . I like to ask for the following opinion on getting PGWP:

a) Apply online (i will risk the processing time being long; particularly at this time of the year when everyone is graduating)
b) Apply at port of entry (I am planning on going home for 1 week or so)
c) Flagpole at niagara falls.

My job doesnt start until mid june. and i come from visa exempt country
Can anyone advice which is the best option ?
Personally I think flagpole might be a better choice for you.

bamboo1229

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Has anybody applied in March got approved recently?
The website shows they are working on application received on March 19. Last update: May 6.
I applied on March 19 and today is May 11, but I still have no updates. Is this delay normal? I am so worried.

Last edited:

CanadianDream888

Apr 16, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton VO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2019
Med's Done....
26-08-2019
Passport Req..
15-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-01-2020
Hi Guys,

I submitted my application on March 10. I still do not have any response from CIC. I applied together with my partner. I would like to know if take more time than usual when you apply together. Do you guys know anything about this?

Hey igorsmith, make sure that when you apply for your partners open work permit that you already secured an NOC 0, A, or B job. If not, there is a high percentage that your partner's application will be automatically rejected.

It is easier for study permit holder to renew their partner's work permit when they are in school. It is automatic when your study permit is valid, but once you graduate it is a new ball game.

You can only apply for partner's work permit if PGWP holder has the required NOC job.

Last edited:

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
Has anybody applied in March got approved recently?
The website shows they are working on application received on March 19. Last update: May 6.
I applied on March 19 and today is May 11, but I still have no updates. Is this delay normal? I am so worried.
Don't worry, most definitely you will get the decision by next week. Keep logging into your CIC account. All the best. I just wished these guys processed the hardworking students' pgwp faster