+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Ye!
Application + Confirmation - September 10
Approval in the profile only - November 06 - only see it as updated and approved
PGWP 3 years

Still no message on my profile nor an email, but I see that it's approved for 3 years.

Good luck everyone else.
Message took exactly 24 hours to go onto my profile

jannaliu

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my PGWP for 3 years!

Applied on Sep 14
Confirmation on Sep 15
Approved on Nov 9

I was freaking out about missing my travel documents since I only updated first page of my passport. But everything turned out to be fine, phewwwww..

Good luck everyone!!!

yeg82316

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi. Has anyone that applied in the last week of September received a response?

Thanks

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Application: September 23
Confirmation: September 24
Still waiting.
I have to apply for a temporary resident visa also as I have to go home Dec 29th. Go knows how long it will take.
I am freaking out!

matthew_131

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone had the same issue with me?
Applied sept 15
Confirm sept 16
Saw it change to update on nov 10 but it went back to submitted. There’s nothing today as well...

W.93

Nov 10, 2017
Anyone had the same issue with me?
Applied sept 15
Confirm sept 16
Saw it change to update on nov 10 but it went back to submitted. There’s nothing today as well...
Go through this thread. I think someone had the same issue before and he got approved soon after. But double check

Reactions: matthew_131

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Every time I login into my cic account I see nothing. I don't see anything. Is it going to be the same until they update anything??
It doesn't even show that I filled my work permit form. After I got an email on Sept 25th that it has been updated, didn't get anything email after that.

mhkash

Nov 11, 2017
Hi Everybody,
I have a question, I really appreciate if you could kindly help me.
I just completed my PhD and am going to apply for a PGWP. However, I noticed that the expiry date of my passport is Oct 2018. Given the fact that PGWP is up to 3 years and cannot be renewed, if I apply with my current passport, I can get work permit for only one year. If I want to renew my passport, it may take a couple of weeks. On the other hand, I found a job am currently working in a company. The CIC website states that the students who completed their program and applied for work permit are allowed to work. The question that I have is that is it legal if I work for a couple of weeks and then when I received my new passport, I apply for the work permit?
Thank you very much for your response.

yeg82316

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Everybody,
I have a question, I really appreciate if you could kindly help me.
I just completed my PhD and am going to apply for a PGWP. However, I noticed that the expiry date of my passport is Oct 2018. Given the fact that PGWP is up to 3 years and cannot be renewed, if I apply with my current passport, I can get work permit for only one year. If I want to renew my passport, it may take a couple of weeks. On the other hand, I found a job am currently working in a company. The CIC website states that the students who completed their program and applied for work permit are allowed to work. The question that I have is that is it legal if I work for a couple of weeks and then when I received my new passport, I apply for the work permit?
Thank you very much for your response.
As long as you don’t apply for your PGWP 90 days after receiving a notification from your school about completing your program, you are good.