+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

shaobo

Sep 6, 2017
Anybody got work permit who applied on June 23?
my wife applied on 23rd june .....still no update yet........we are going to travel montreal for a week and try to apply at border ....my wife grandmother had medical issue so she want get before she go.

Lisjo

Sep 8, 2017
Is there any problem,if we start a new job while we are in implied status.my work permit already expired.anybody knows

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Applied 25th of July .Im in day 45 :(. Why they dot update the processing time . The last update is for 25th of August!!!!
Heya. Its updated now to September 1. Processing applications as at June 10th and May 18th

IND_CAD

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing the timeline.

I have a question: I have received my official work permit in mail on August 24, 2017 and I want to apply for TRV or stamp on my passport. Since then I am keep trying to gather some information regarding that but didn't get any information so far. I messged few members on this website but didn't get any positive response.

It would be great if anyone of you can tell me the procedure since I tried calling CIC but its always busy. I need the stamp on my passport like asap.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

How to Apply TRV if you hold PG Workpermit
Hi

• Please open this link and scroll down to watch TRV Tutorial Video. but this video is for students so in the following questions you have to enter

1. what would you like to do in canada ? ANS: work
2. what is your current status ? ANS: worker.

http://yorkinternational.yorku.ca/current-international-students/orientation/entry-visas/

Link for "Check your eligibility" questionnaire: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

• please fill all fields and finally it gives 1- 2 options to choose one of them based on your answers. Pls choose (Work permit (OPEN)).

• Finish all the fields .

• Then it shows that "" if you are a student /worker permit ......you are eligible for Temporary resident visa...click continue

• Finally it shows what docs you need and upload them.

• Login to CIC (GC Key) Account (Create one if you dont have one)

• we have to create new form so please click on " Visitor visa , study and/ or workpermit" option.

• Then it asks for "Please enter your personal reference code to begin your application" - Here you have to enter the code that was generated, after filling " Link for "Check your eligibility" questionnaire: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp "" (Please refer video it shows reference code after filling this).

• Then it will show all questions and answers that you filled pls click continue.

• Then it will show required docs.

Required Docs:
The form should be (Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required) . It says Made Outside of Canada please ignore this.

Supporting Docs:

Digital Photo
Passport = all visa or stamp pages with first and last passport pages.
Study/Workpermit = upload pgwp​

• Upload all docs and pay $100. within 2 days you will get message from CIC with instructions to send your passport to Ottawa office for stamping.

• Buy 2 express post envelopes from near Canada post office.

• Envelope 1 : put your passport all requested docs and Envelope 2 as well.

Once your passport get stamped CIC will use this Envelope 2 and put your passport and docs in it and post to your address.​

• Why 2 envelopes because CIC will not cover postal charges so you should buy 2. 1 for to send and 1 for to return.

Hope this help.....Thanks

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
HI, have you received any update on your application? I'm asking because I applied on paper .

Thanks!
No, I have no update. I too applied on paper. However, I have since linked my application to my online account. When did you apply?