+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Optimall

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I applied for pgwp on 30th August. I am going to the boarder on sunday to flagpole as am going home this month.

Can I withdraw my app, will I get a refund?
They are not answering my calls..anyone with an idea?

shaobo

Sep 6, 2017
my wife applied pgwp on 23 june 2017
received on 25 june 2017
still waitting update........
anyone in same boat?????

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
my wife applied pgwp on 23 june 2017
received on 25 june 2017
still waitting update........
anyone in same boat?????
she could get it any day now. she should check her account regularly between today and tomorrow. fingers crossed.

tan6496

Aug 2, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
16-12-2014
I applied on 25 of July no updates from them and I find a job so HR want a copy of work permit. Does anyone knows what I can do to hold the job while waiting for the application ?
In that case, you can provide a print out of your receipt which you received from your cic account, there's also another letter saying that it was approved on so and so date and print out that as well. You can also print out the information given on cic website regarding the implied status and try convincing your HR that it's a robust case and you will get the work permit as you went to school so there wont be any issue with the work permit and also chip in some information regarding implied status that it is as good as valid permit.

For me, I am on implied status as well, applied 13th july, went to niagara border twice but got rejected and I am working at my current job for about a month now and luckily they havent asked for a work permit yet and I havent told them. But I always have these three documents in my bag and thats my only chance to hold the job whenever they might ask for hard copies, fingers crossed. Good Luck!

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
In that case, you can provide a print out of your receipt which you received from your cic account, there's also another letter saying that it was approved on so and so date and print out that as well. You can also print out the information given on cic website regarding the implied status and try convincing your HR that it's a robust case and you will get the work permit as you went to school so there wont be any issue with the work permit and also chip in some information regarding implied status that it is as good as valid permit.

For me, I am on implied status as well, applied 13th july, went to niagara border twice but got rejected and I am working at my current job for about a month now and luckily they havent asked for a work permit yet and I havent told them. But I always have these three documents in my bag and thats my only chance to hold the job whenever they might ask for hard copies, fingers crossed. Good Luck!

I sent them the receipt with explanation , but can you tell me about the second letter ? the one that said it was approved ?Where can I find such letter ?

tan6496

Aug 2, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
16-12-2014
I sent them the receipt with explanation , but can you tell me about the second letter ? the one that said it was approved ?Where can I find such letter ?
Login to your account, besides your submitted applications or profile, click on check status and messages, in that, under the submission confirmation, there's a hyperlink ( blue font with an underline) stating view this message, click on that and you will be able to download a pdf file, I am talking about that file.

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
Login to your account, besides your submitted applications or profile, click on check status and messages, in that, under the submission confirmation, there's a hyperlink ( blue font with an underline) stating view this message, click on that and you will be able to download a pdf file, I am talking about that file.

yes but that file only is a automatic confirmation that my application is submitted not approved :(, I have to wait 34 days ..

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing the timeline.

I have a question: I have received my official work permit in mail on August 24, 2017 and I want to apply for TRV or stamp on my passport. Since then I am keep trying to gather some information regarding that but didn't get any information so far. I messged few members on this website but didn't get any positive response.

It would be great if anyone of you can tell me the procedure since I tried calling CIC but its always busy. I need the stamp on my passport like asap.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hi Guys,

Thanks for sharing the timeline.

I have a question: I have received my official work permit in mail on August 24, 2017 and I want to apply for TRV or stamp on my passport. Since then I am keep trying to gather some information regarding that but didn't get any information so far. I messged few members on this website but didn't get any positive response.

It would be great if anyone of you can tell me the procedure since I tried calling CIC but its always busy. I need the stamp on my passport like asap.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you
you should use the come to Canada tool. it will ask a few questions and help create a personalized checklist for your application. when approved, you will be send a passport request .