+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Finally got my 'Update'. applied on May 25th.

PS: I don't if people understand this, but the status change back to Submitted as soon as you read the "Update". It only stays as Update until you "read what has been updated", it is not a new status
Finally got: "Your application was approved", valid until 2020/08/03

Senu

Aug 4, 2017
Hi guys,
I applied for my PGWP on June 12th, however I did so only with the unofficial copy of my transcripts as the instructions only stated to upload a copy of transcripts on official letterhead; my unofficial transcripts however do have the university's logo on the front page.

Do you think CIC will simply reject the application because they are not the official copy or would they request for additional documentation? I am freaking out because as I applied before my graduation date, my transcripts in addition to being an unofficial copy they also only state "May Proceed" instead of "Degree Conferred". Thanks in advance!

tan6496

Aug 2, 2017
Toronto
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
16-12-2014
I don't know about rainbow border but I went to the border in Saskatchewan. It hardly took 45 minutes. I had job offer 3 months before completing my course so I badly needed PGWP as my company wanted to see hardcopy of WP. You can try at different border if there is any close to yours.
Rainbow was the closest and now i cant as my trv expired and i dont wanna take a chance, hope my employers will understand and i will start working on my implied status. Fingers crossed!

KarinneSS

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Hi Karinne, was it approved today or yesterday? can you share the time?

Thanks! and congratulations!
It is hard to say the time.
I checked yesterday evening (I live in Toronto), and then checked today at 8 a.m., and it was approved.
Haven't received any message from CIC though.

Reactions: PGWP2017

PGWP2017

Jul 17, 2017
Hello, I have good news

Applied: May 25
Confirmed: May 27
Updated: Aug 3
Approved: Aug 4

Processing time: 71 Days

Thanks for your support and good luck everyone!

Reactions: doge and siham44

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hi guys,
I applied for my PGWP on June 12th, however I did so only with the unofficial copy of my transcripts as the instructions only stated to upload a copy of transcripts on official letterhead; my unofficial transcripts however do have the university's logo on the front page.

Do you think CIC will simply reject the application because they are not the official copy or would they request for additional documentation? I am freaking out because as I applied before my graduation date, my transcripts in addition to being an unofficial copy they also only state "May Proceed" instead of "Degree Conferred". Thanks in advance!
try to send them a transcript with "degree conferred " or a letter from school, I think u can add documents to your application. Good luck !

Reactions: Senu

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
hi guys , my pgwp got approved on July 31, and I am wondering when I will receive it ? 1 week or more ? thanks !

Senu

Aug 4, 2017
try to send them a transcript with "degree conferred " or a letter from school, I think u can add documents to your application. Good luck !
Thank you for your response! That gives me a wee bit of hope. But how do you propose I add documents to the application?
I tried calling them several times to no avail. Should I simply send my official transcripts post-graduation through a case specific enquiry?

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Thank you for your response! That gives me a wee bit of hope. But how do you propose I add documents to the application?
I tried calling them several times to no avail. Should I simply send my official transcripts post-graduation through a case specific enquiry?
Welcome ! I am not sure how you can send them, but someone here in the forum did the same, maybe throuh the case specific enquiry and after you send the document call cic to mke sure they receive it, try to call on the morning around 9:30. But i think its better to send them transcript with degree conferred or a letter because they have to make sure you are graduatting !

Reactions: Senu

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Hello guys, I would like some feedback on my situation in regards to my application for the PGWP. I applied for the permit in June within Canada via mail instead of through my online account. I have since changed my address from one Province to another and would like to inform IRCC. How do I go about doing this?
Many thanks for your support and replies.

Oh, the most important part is this: when I applied I indicated that I was planning to work in the current Province. Is this a big issue? or grounds for rejection?

Last edited:

PGWP2017

Jul 17, 2017
Hello everyone!
Have any of you received a passport request (for temporary resident visa stamping) after getting the PGWP approval? How long after receiving the approval confirmation?

Thanks!

jm232_1

Aug 5, 2017
Hey guys,
It's been really helpful reading other peoples timelines over these last two months. I just got the approval message and thought i would share my timeline:
Applied= May 28th
Confirmed= May 29th
Approved= August 4th (3 year work permit)

Cheers and good luck to those waiting!