+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did, two times, they do to people who go there early, they only take around 20 applicants daily, at least at the rainbow bridge they do. I was denied both the times even after talking to the guy for a very long and he used to say the same things that if the wait time exceeds a certain amount they stop taking new applicants. Apparently, my friend went to the border a month ago and the officer said that they are working there 24/7 and can approve anytime whereas I was said that you will have to come early in the morning and it won't be guaranteed.

I applied on 14th July, didn't have a job offer then, now I do and i don't know what will happen when they will find out, I am still gonna convince them that implied status is legal but let's see.
I don't know about rainbow border but I went to the border in Saskatchewan. It hardly took 45 minutes. I had job offer 3 months before completing my course so I badly needed PGWP as my company wanted to see hardcopy of WP. You can try at different border if there is any close to yours.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I could've done it but I didn't want to take the risk. Anyway, I wasn't in any hurry.
Then it is alright. However, in some cases if you have a job and the company asks for hardcopy of WP rather than looking at implied status thing.

pochfaye0704

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
NOC B 1241
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
11-10-2018
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2019
I got my PGWP at the border. They didn't ask anything actually. It was a smooth process.
What if you already submitted an online application, can you still go to the border for that same application to have it process there?

bbbbwater

Jul 7, 2017
I don't know about rainbow border but I went to the border in Saskatchewan. It hardly took 45 minutes. I had job offer 3 months before completing my course so I badly needed PGWP as my company wanted to see hardcopy of WP. You can try at different border if there is any close to yours.
hi, I am in Saskatchewan too. Can you give me some details about the border? I have a part-time maintenance during spring/summer(UR said spring/summer is ok, many international students do PT during summer). I concern that they may refuse me because of this.

ageg95

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what should someone do if their PGWP got rejected and their study permit expired? Like would there be a way to appeal or would they have to leave the country?