+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
My husband applied on may 13th (for bridge open work permit but it is the same processing time) and today he got his visa approved!!!

Just so if anybody will have similar situation...with the application we submitted use of representative form for myself (my husband's english is not very good). On Monday they requested to send them that form again due to missing or unreadable informations...I checked it few times but everything seemed fine only my scanner was not working right so the text was a little bit blurry but in my opion still clear....anyway I filled it in again with the same info, sent on Tuesday morning and today we got it approved :))

Reactions: aniniz

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
will you need to show a job offer letter when applying from outside canada?
No you won't need a jobr offer since our PGWP is an open permit (confirmed by CIC Agent) you won't need a proof of financial support since you're coming to canada to make money. All what they will ask for is is a copy of your PGWP and the forms.
Today I got my PGWP by mail and it took 3 days to Calgary AB.
Applied May 11th
Approved July 10
Received July 13th

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
No you won't need a jobr offer since our PGWP is an open permit (confirmed by CIC Agent) you won't need a proof of financial support since you're coming to canada to make money. All what they will ask for is is a copy of your PGWP and the forms.
Today I got my PGWP by mail and it took 3 days to Calgary AB.
Applied May 11th
Approved July 10
Received July 13th
congrats again bro. i think i will apply from outside canada. i dont wann to wait for another month. i dont think we will have any issue applying from outside since we have a valid status in canada.

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
congrats again bro. i think i will apply from outside canada. i dont wann to wait for another month. i dont think we will have any issue applying from outside since we have a valid status in canada.
it's up to you buddy. and if you apply outside provide what ever you have PGWP copy Diploma, transcripts, letters, bank, proof of address, flight ticket forms, job offer if you have, resume :D ..ect
that's what I'm going to do ill give them a bunch of papers so they wont find any excuse.

kezz

Dec 9, 2015
Got mine approved too.
Just applied with the letter with no transcripts or nothing. I bet they did have to cross-check with my school to make sure I was a full-time.

If you are in the same situation dont panic. You should be all fine.

Applied May 13
Got approved today.