+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vish1

Jun 21, 2017
bro, am not sure you will get your permit before july 29 since the processing is 60-65 days eventho online it says 54. for TRV, it can take 15 or 25 days max.
Okay, as my student Visa is getting expired by the end of this month, and if I'm receiving my PGWP by August 1st week, can I travel back with my expired Student visa, so that I can apply for TRV from back home?

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
no bro. I will apply from back home, I asked a CIC agent by phone he said you can do it from your home country and it's easy since you have your PGWP already. I did not receive my PGWP yet hopefully Friday .
For you will need it since TRV application is gonna ask you to attach the scanned hard copy of your new PGWP.
The TRV from Canada is gonna take more than one month for processing only plus the shipping of your passport back and forth (ask before you apply otherwise you will get stuck for another two months!!)
will you need to show a job offer letter when applying from outside canada?

Anna_polaca

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
I just got an email:
"There have been no updates to your application (WXXX) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience."

What is the point of sending it, at first I thought that was actually an update :/

GURJOTBALRAJ

Jul 19, 2015
I just got an email:
"There have been no updates to your application (WXXX) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience."

What is the point of sending it, at first I thought that was actually an update :/
Its cause you selected to send you monthly updates about your application from your account.

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
I did not and I never received it before...and I applied on may 13th so it has been two months already
an officer probally open your file. you will get a decision by tonight. check your cic regularly, do not check your email because it takes time for the email to be sent when approve.

GURJOTBALRAJ

Jul 19, 2015
I did not and I never received it before...and I applied on may 13th so it has been two months already
When you log in to your CIC account, on your main page there is a checkbox under your email name where it says send me monthly updates. Check if that check box is selected or not.