+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Congrats Canadianking!!..
I forgot to tell you guys. make sure to check your CIC account don't wait for the email cuz the email you will receive it a day after your approval, it's an automatic email for notifications only. also I got approved on Monday the next day I received a form in my account states that the hard copy of the PGWP has been sent to your address. and says your TRV has been sent even though I applied for PGWP not for a TRV.
The approximate processing time is 60-65 days so don't worry ppl you will get it!!.
Also my PGWP is valid until August 2018 which is my passport expiry date. I will be able to extend it when I renew my Passport for another 2 years (3 years in total)

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Congrats Canadianking!!..
I forgot to tell you guys. make sure to check your CIC account don't wait for the email cuz the email you will receive it a day after your approval, it's an automatic email for notifications only. also I got approved on Monday the next day I received a form in my account states that the hard copy of the PGWP has been sent to your address. and says your TRV has been sent even though I applied for PGWP not for a TRV.
The approximate processing time is 60-65 days so don't worry ppl you will get it!!.
Also my PGWP is valid until August 2018 which is my passport expiry date. I will be able to extend it when I renew my Passport for another 2 years (3 years in total)
thanks buddy :)
did you receive the hard copy already? did you applied for your TRV? am applying for TRV tmwr since i need to get out of here in two weeks

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
thanks buddy :)
did you receive the hard copy already? did you applied for your TRV? am applying for TRV tmwr since i need to get out of here in two weeks
no bro. I will apply from back home, I asked a CIC agent by phone he said you can do it from your home country and it's easy since you have your PGWP already. I did not receive my PGWP yet hopefully Friday .
For you will need it since TRV application is gonna ask you to attach the scanned hard copy of your new PGWP.
The TRV from Canada is gonna take more than one month for processing only plus the shipping of your passport back and forth (ask before you apply otherwise you will get stuck for another two months!!)

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
no bro. I will apply from back home, I asked a CIC agent by phone he said you can do it from your home country and it's easy since you have your PGWP already. I did not receive my PGWP yet hopefully Friday .
For you will need it since TRV application is gonna ask you to attach the scanned hard copy of your new PGWP.
The TRV from Canada is gonna take more than one month for processing only plus the shipping of your passport back and forth (ask before you apply otherwise you will get stuck for another two months!!)
i will do it from here its better. it only takes 15 days. i dont wanna do it in my home country because i dnt want them to give me a hard time

Vish1

Jun 21, 2017
i will do it from here its better. it only takes 15 days. i dont wanna do it in my home country because i dnt want them to give me a hard time
Hey, is it sure that we will get our TRV in 15 days? or is it gonna take 30+ days to receive it? Because, I had already booked my tickets back to my country few months back, as I didn't expect the processing time to take this long. I booked my tickets for July 29th, and I applied for PGWP on May 29th. Looks like I will have to extend my ticket! Thanks

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
Hey, is it sure that we will get our TRV in 15 days? or is it gonna take 30+ days to receive it? Because, I had already booked my tickets back to my country few months back, as I didn't expect the processing time to take this long. I booked my tickets for July 29th, and I applied for PGWP on May 29th. Looks like I will have to extend my ticket! Thanks
bro, am not sure you will get your permit before july 29 since the processing is 60-65 days eventho online it says 54. for TRV, it can take 15 or 25 days max.