+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

theraunak

Jul 3, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Just got my PGWP application approved on Oct 23, 2023. Haven't got email yet.

Final decision
  • October 20, 2023 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
Correspondence LetterOctober 20, 2023
WP-EXT for PGWPSeptember 24, 2023
Submission ConfirmationSeptember 23, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionSeptember 23, 2023

Reactions: keyboat1

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
study permit expired: may 30th
documents received: june 11th
applied pgwp$255+ restoration of status$350 : june 11th
uploaded web form sept 12th for new passport
no update................ 127 days and counting

huge fear of being rejected due to my overstay (study permit expired may 30 but i got letter of completion and transcript on june 11th i overlooked it.. so i cant work until i get approved)
GUYS HUGE UPDATE I GOT CORRESPONDENCE LETTER!! Oct 23 2023 i woke up at 1pm PDT and saw correspondence letter. i am beyond excited for this week although i am STILL slightly nervous due to the first passport i applied with expiring on Nov 20th 2023 (I sent a webform on Sept 12 for new passport which expires in 2028) and also study permit EXPIRED before i applied for PGWP. status expired on may 30th and i applied for restoration as mentioned in previous posts. HERES FINGERS CROSSED and high hopes ill just get approved. Every semester was full time, i applied within the 90 days and paid the correct fees. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. ONE WEIRD THING is that on my GCKEY CIC account, It shows my work permit as the application number in the correspondence letter. IT SHOWS A STUDENT PERMIT APPLICATION NUMBER starting with S.... in the EMAILED correspondence letter. Both are the same for my biometrics but just that ONE WEIRD CHANGE. I did not apply for a study permit only a work permit and only the W.... appears in my GCKEY CIC account. WEIRD. WHERE DID THIS RANDOM STUDENT PERMIT APPLICATION NUMBER COME FROM FOR MY GMAIL? Maybe its for the "restoration" process.

Reactions: theraunak

Somtomario

Oct 24, 2023
I've a question. I want to apply for visa, can I use my brother company statement of account to apply for visa. Note I'm also a shareholder holder in the company and I've access to the company account. Using the company account will it be ok?

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hey Guys…. I have a small doubt and I appreciate all the helps. in my study permit expiry date mentioned is 23-oct-23. I applied pgwp on the same day. So I have a doubt that whether i considerd in implied status or I have to restore my study permit. I didn’t get WP-EX till date.

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
GUYS HUGE UPDATE I GOT CORRESPONDENCE LETTER!! Oct 23 2023 i woke up at 1pm PDT and saw correspondence letter. i am beyond excited for this week although i am STILL slightly nervous due to the first passport i applied with expiring on Nov 20th 2023 (I sent a webform on Sept 12 for new passport which expires in 2028) and also study permit EXPIRED before i applied for PGWP. status expired on may 30th and i applied for restoration as mentioned in previous posts. HERES FINGERS CROSSED and high hopes ill just get approved. Every semester was full time, i applied within the 90 days and paid the correct fees. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. ONE WEIRD THING is that on my GCKEY CIC account, It shows my work permit as the application number in the correspondence letter. IT SHOWS A STUDENT PERMIT APPLICATION NUMBER starting with S.... in the EMAILED correspondence letter. Both are the same for my biometrics but just that ONE WEIRD CHANGE. I did not apply for a study permit only a work permit and only the W.... appears in my GCKEY CIC account. WEIRD. WHERE DID THIS RANDOM STUDENT PERMIT APPLICATION NUMBER COME FROM FOR MY GMAIL? Maybe its for the "restoration" process.

GUYS I OFFFICIALLY GOT APPROVED. FULL 3 YEARS.

They accepted it, approved it. They didnt even use the passport expiry date on Nov 20th 2023, I uploaded the web form on Sept 12 for passport update cause i renewed it late
Work permit expires in Oct 2026. I am so excited to finally work again as I was unable to before due to expired status. I honestly feel lucky I got accepted what a weight off my chest, shoulders, whole body.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL... HANG IN THERE. YOU WILL GET HUGE NEWS LIKE THIS!!!

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Hey Guys…. I have a small doubt and I appreciate all the helps. in my study permit expiry date mentioned is 23-oct-23. I applied pgwp on the same day. So I have a doubt that whether i considerd in implied status or I have to restore my study permit. I didn’t get WP-EX till date.
Pls help guys.

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
Pls help guys.
What time in what time zone did you apply? If your study permit expired before 11:59 pm EST then you might have to contact a lawyer or look into uploading a web form of the receipt of restoration of status as a student. there is more information about that on CIC What to do if your study permit expires. Mine expired may 30th and I applied June 11 only attached the restoration of status $350 fee receipt attached as client information with a letter of explanation explaining how I overlooked the expiry date of my study permit. What time exactly did you apply for your pgwp in your timezone?

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
What time in what time zone did you apply? If your study permit expired before 11:59 pm EST then you might have to contact a lawyer or look into uploading a web form of the receipt of restoration of status as a student. there is more information about that on CIC What to do if your study permit expires. Mine expired may 30th and I applied June 11 only attached the restoration of status $350 fee receipt attached as client information with a letter of explanation explaining how I overlooked the expiry date of my study permit. What time exactly did you apply for your pgwp in your timezone?
I am in Atlantic Canada..and I applied as per Atlantic time zone.

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
And I applied on 23 - Oct around 2:30 PM Atlantic time.
I'm not sure because you didn't get WP EXT... I would contact someone more knowledgeable about the matter but as of my experience I didn't get WP EXT and my study permit was invalid at time of applying (May 30 2023 and I applied for June 11 2023 as I received documents that day) however I attached my status restoration receipt and got approved today

mihir9991

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
I'm not sure because you didn't get WP EXT... I would contact someone more knowledgeable about the matter but as of my experience I didn't get WP EXT and my study permit was invalid at time of applying (May 30 2023 and I applied for June 11 2023 as I received documents that day) however I attached my status restoration receipt and got approved today
Thanks for the information and congratulations on your PGWP approval. So u didn't not work till
U get pgwp.

Reactions: keyboat1

keyboat1

Jul 21, 2019
Thanks for the information and congratulations on your PGWP approval. So u didn't not work till
U get pgwp.
Yeah man I had to persevere and tbh my gf supported me a lot. It was a lot more stressful when suddenly I read from posts from 9 years ago about study permit needing to be valid in order to apply for pgwp but it was completely different rules back then. I was stressing out thinking I was going to be rejected but I thankfully got it. Consult more ppl here or a professional lawyer. That would be what I would do and if it comes down to it just pay the $350 and attach it in a webform linked to the PGWP application. I had to upload webform for a new passport cause my old one was expiring Nov 20 2023 so next month lol. But I sent web form of my pp expiring in 2028 and they issued a 3 yr work permit valid til 2026 October. Best of luck bro

Reactions: mihir9991