+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
Hi everyone! My first PGWP application got rejected due to having filled out the wrong form(work permit instead of PGWP). I then applied to restore my status and for my PGWP on Feb.12th, including an explanation letter and a study permit renewal receipt in my application. However, does anyone know a time frame of when a decision could be made? All applications were made online from BC...

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Hi everyone! My first PGWP application got rejected due to having filled out the wrong form(work permit instead of PGWP). I then applied to restore my status and for my PGWP on Feb.12th, including an explanation letter and a study permit renewal receipt in my application. However, does anyone know a time frame of when a decision could be made? All applications were made online from BC...
Work permit and pgwp are using the same form, how do you get rejected? The forms are all imm5710

Reactions: Chairman951

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
In the work type you can fill either pgwp or open work permit. Did you fill something like Lima closed work permit or so?

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
I trust filling “open work permit” for pgwp does not lead to refusal since I work in a legal firm and I saw quite a lot of these case. But not sure other cases
Oh I did the quiz to help me find what application was best, and I got the option of a study permit or an Open Work Permit, and since It was my first time applying myself, I thought an Open Work Permit was the same thing as a PGWP. However, after submitting the application, I later found out that the spaces needed to upload my college credentials(degree and letter of completion) were absent, so I opened a webform, explained everything and attached the missing documents. However, my webform was not opened until 3 days after a verdict had been made. I learnt a lot after then, I did my research and have been very careful this time reapplying.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Oh I did the quiz to help me find what application was best, and I got the option of a study permit or an Open Work Permit, and since It was my first time applying myself, I thought an Open Work Permit was the same thing as a PGWP. However, after submitting the application, I later found out that the spaces needed to upload my college credentials(degree and letter of completion) were absent, so I opened a webform, explained everything and attached the missing documents. However, my webform was not opened until 3 days after a verdict had been made. I learnt a lot after then, I did my research and have been very careful this time reapplying.
Than that is because missing of documents? Your refusal letter should write missing graduation letter.

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
Than that is because missing of documents? Your refusal letter should write missing graduation letter.
This was what the refusal letter said:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
  • [X]Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies, you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.

Only my scanned letter of completion and Degree were missing from this. Thank you for going step by step with me by the way, I really appreciate the response.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
This was what the refusal letter said:

This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
  • [X]Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment if they provided the evidence that they have satisfied all requirements of the program of studies. As you have not submitted the required documentation in regard to the completion of your studies, you are not eligible for a work permit in this category.

Only my scanned letter of completion and Degree were missing from this. Thank you for going step by step with me by the way, I really appreciate the response.
did you provide you transcript stating that all degree have been met? If so you should be sent a request letter rather than refusal directly

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
did you provide you transcript stating that all degree have been met? If so you should be sent a request letter rather than refusal directly
It wasn't sent with the original form, but it was sent with the webform mentioned that was opened after my first failed application attempt and then attached correctly, along with all my other school documents in my latest attempt.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
It wasn't sent with the original form, but it was sent with the webform mentioned that was opened after my first failed application attempt and then attached correctly, along with all my other school documents in my latest attempt.
It is so wired.. you must did something wrong in the questionnaire.. You didn’t upload the graduation letter and transcripts while these are the most important documents for pgwp..