+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Akhil Tom Punnoose

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied for pqwp+sowp+study visa Jan 10th and got the Work permit extension letter the next day and May 10th is the date for the decisions but no news yet...please what does that mean?
You can request another proof of authorization to work from IRCC through the webform. I am in the same boat; my letter will expire on May 19th.

Akhil Tom Punnoose

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hi, I have applied for pgwp after 3days of receiving my graduation completion letter online. Unfortunately i worked for 5hours before applying for pgwp, as the site was under maintenance and i could’nt submit my application. I uploaded letter of explanation stating the facts as i was working night shift i couldnt find a replacement and couldnt submit on time with a screenshot of site maintenance. I am worried if i will have any issue. I was in rush to submit, so didnt get time to research and get better opinion. What do u guys think?
Don't worry, it will not affect you.

Danila_Ar

May 2, 2023
Hi, I have applied for pgwp after 3days of receiving my graduation completion letter online. Unfortunately i worked for 5hours before applying for pgwp, as the site was under maintenance and i could’nt submit my application. I uploaded letter of explanation stating the facts as i was working night shift i couldnt find a replacement and couldnt submit on time with a screenshot of site maintenance. I am worried if i will have any issue. I was in rush to submit, so didnt get time to research and get better opinion. What do u guys think?
I guess officially if you apply a day after your graduation it is still fine to work for these 24 hours. At least this is what my friend did (applied a day or 2 after official graduation) and she got her work permit

Reactions: SareenaShah

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
yes, i checked now i selected open work permit instead of pgwp so how much time it takes any idea?
it will go with all applications of open work permit except pgwp. I’ve seen some people get approved for their sowp on 2022-12-29 today. I think it takes 2 more weeks for you.