+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Ayo2995

Jan 10, 2023
Hey guys,

My PGWP extension application (due to passport expiry) eligibility review started yesterday at 2:35PM (Alberta time). My application is via paper route and it is 126 days today! It was approved today at 2:35PM.

Application submitted to CPC Edmonton: January 4th 2023

Eligibility Review:May 8th 2023

Approved: May 9th 2023

Akhil Tom Punnoose

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hey guys,

My PGWP extension application (due to passport expiry) eligibility review started yesterday at 2:35PM (Alberta time). My application is via paper route and it is 126 days today! It was approved today at 2:35PM.

Application submitted to CPC Edmonton: January 4th 2023

Eligibility Review:May 8th 2023

Approved: May 9th 2023
Congrts

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Any Jan Files still waiting for approval?
Mine, I'm so frustrated I needed to leave the country for a family situation but I can't. My accountant told me that I will not keep receiving my child's subsidy since my permit is expired and the implied status doesn't work in this case. It is more than 4 months of waiting, all my classmates got their approvals

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Mine, I'm so frustrated I needed to leave the country for a family situation but I can't. My accountant told me that I will not keep receiving my child's subsidy since my permit is expired and the implied status doesn't work in this case. It is more than 4 months of waiting, all my classmates got their approvals
Hi I reckon it is because you applied with family. Will be slower in this case.

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Yup! That's what I heard. The thing is, many of my classmates applied with spouse or children and got a response. Anyway, we'll keep waiting, I'm also applying for PR so I don't know if this also affects my time.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Waiting since Jan 13
One thing I have noticed is that, when you fill imm5710e, work permit type can be either “post graduation work permit” or “open work permit” (both are ok but pgwp is more appropriate for initial pgwp application). If you choose pgwp the processing will be faster, since after validation and generation of bar code. IRCC is now processing pgwp in prior than other work permits. If you choose open work permit, processing time gonna be like 130-150 days.

Reactions: gsq7430

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Yup! That's what I heard. The thing is, many of my classmates applied with spouse or children and got a response. Anyway, we'll keep waiting, I'm also applying for PR so I don't know if this also affects my time.
One thing I have noticed is that, when you fill imm5710e, work permit type can be either “post graduation work permit” or “open work permit” (both are ok but pgwp is more appropriate for initial pgwp application). If you choose pgwp the processing will be faster, since after validation and generation of bar code. IRCC is now processing pgwp in prior than other work permits. If you choose open work permit, processing time gonna be like 130-150 days. And since spouse work permit is “open work permit”, the processing time is relatively slower. But I know that someone’s BOWP (applied on Dec 20,2022) was approved yesterday. I believe yours will be approved soon.

Reactions: Andre11S

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
One thing I have noticed is that, when you fill imm5710e, work permit type can be either “post graduation work permit” or “open work permit” (both are ok but pgwp is more appropriate for initial pgwp application). If you choose pgwp the processing will be faster, since after validation and generation of bar code. IRCC is now processing pgwp in prior than other work permits. If you choose open work permit, processing time gonna be like 130-150 days.
I just checked mine and yes I did select open work permit!!! What should I do now ??

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
One thing I have noticed is that, when you fill imm5710e, work permit type can be either “post graduation work permit” or “open work permit” (both are ok but pgwp is more appropriate for initial pgwp application). If you choose pgwp the processing will be faster, since after validation and generation of bar code. IRCC is now processing pgwp in prior than other work permits. If you choose open work permit, processing time gonna be like 130-150 days. And since spouse work permit is “open work permit”, the processing time is relatively slower. But I know that someone’s BOWP (applied on Dec 20,2022) was approved yesterday. I believe yours will be approved soon.
Yes! That makes total sense. I just hope it doesn't take longer