+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Edit: Hello Guys, Sorry for missing the introduction. My name is Huu Hoang Chinh, I heard that this thread contains useful information and help regarding the PGWP processing time.

I applied for PGWP on June 13, 2022. But there has not been any change regarding the process on my application displayed on IRCC. Is there anyway to know what is the problem with the process? I have contacted the IRCC before but there has been nothing much.
Flagpoling is an option, I remembered reading somewhere in this thread that someone flagpoled when his or herwork permit was already submitted online. You can then withdraw your online application afterwards. However, be very careful and do enough research before you make a decision.

If you are already employed, you can continue to work until you hear the final decision from IRCC, so (almost) nothing changes! In addition, you will have a brand new 3-year work permit starting from the day IRCC approves your application, so to me it is a win to wait. I understand your anxiety well as it happened to me.

Reactions: MarkP10

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
W3081 series updates? I applied for PGWP extension due to Passport expiry on Jan 24th (date received). I was able to link the application March 2nd. No updates yet. Just says submitted. Anyone else with similiar application series?

Ayo2995

Jan 10, 2023
W3081 series updates? I applied for PGWP extension due to Passport expiry on Jan 24th (date received). I was able to link the application March 2nd. No updates yet. Just says submitted. Anyone else with similiar application series?
3079 series. I’m in similar situation! I applied in January 4th as my application was received that day! My application is 89days today. I have sent countless webform, no any response till now

immigrateINDCA

Feb 22, 2023
ANyone received the 18 months extension email from IRCC while their application was submited via paper route. is anyone planning to applying for the 18 months extension or wait until they get their decision for the paper application.

Reactions: pilotakram

Ayo2995

Jan 10, 2023
ANyone received the 18 months extension email from IRCC while their application was submited via paper route. is anyone planning to applying for the 18 months extension or wait until they get their decision for the paper application.
I received it but I will not apply till I get my decision from IRCC! I still have 2yrs and 6months to collect on my pgwp due to passport expiry

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
I am in the same boat. I will wait until I get a response about my paper application

Reactions: immigrateINDCA

raymundo1

Jan 18, 2023
I am in the same boat. I will wait until I get a response about my paper application
wondering can we opt in this 18 month extension while waiting for the result of extension paper application (due to passport expire) back. Since My work visa is about to expire, if I opt in I can continue working.