+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Hello guys,
I just got my Work Permit. I re-applied after getting a refusal. I was out of 180 days as well. Guys never lose hope. All the best to everyone waiting for their PGWP.
Re-applied - March 06, 2021
Approved - April 20, 2021
Length - 1 year.
HI EXOTIC,
CONGRATS ON RECEIVING PGWP.
DID YOU COMPLETE 1 COURSE OR 2 COURSES?
I COMPLETED 2 COURSES BUT ENDED UP RECEIVING WORK PERMIT FOR ONLY 1 YEAR WHERE AS I WAS ELIGIBLE FOR 3 YEARS OF PGWP.
CAN YOU CONFIRM HOW MUCH TIME AFTER YOU REAPPLIED AFTER RECEIVING A REFUSAL. AND WERE YOU APPROVED ON THE OLD APPLICATION (RECONSIDERATION) OR THE NEW APPLICATION.
PLEASE RESPOND IF POSSIBLE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU AGAIN

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
I got the PGWP today by flag polling completed my studies in December applied PGWP in January was waiting from long time so went to nearest border and had all the paperwork with me.
Officer took transcripts and degree issues a 3 years work permit of 2 years studies.
Thanks to everyone here in group!!
Also wanted to know now should I withdraw my IRCC application?
Hi Mandy,
Congrats on receiving your PGWP.
Is there an option to flagpole if one ends up receiving 1 year PGWP after studying for 2 years?
I believe there was some issue in documentation that led to this decision from VO.
Please advise

hv4321

Feb 9, 2020
Hi
I submitted my pgwp application without restoration of status. I completed my studies on 18th dec my study permit expired on 19th dec. Applied pgwp on 22 dec, i am unaware of restoration of status and after 2 days i paid 350$ restoration fee as a student and attached that through webform. Receipt is now attached to my file. Is there anyone with the same situation who got approval.
Hi Vinaytej
Did you got work permit approval? I also missed payment did same thing you did by sending it through webform.

Ayo2995

Jan 10, 2023
Please any update for those who applied in January 2023 via paper routes! Application was received on 4th January by CPC Edmonton and no update till now and it is over processing time as my application is now 72days

Paris23

Feb 27, 2023
PGWP extension due to passport expiry (Paper application)
Series: W3078*****
Application received: 16 Dec, 2022
Waiting ...

Although the processing time is 60 days, my application has exceeded that by 2 weeks so far.
Is anyone else here in the same situation? I raised two webforms so far but got no reply.
Update: I filled out several web forms, but only heard back from two of them, not helpful at all. Finally, I asked MP in my area and they were so helpful. My PGWP was approved on March 17, 2023, after 90 days (IRCC average processing time was 29 days at the time)

Ayo2995

Jan 10, 2023
Update: I filled out several web forms, but only heard back from two of them, not helpful at all. Finally, I asked MP in my area and they were so helpful. My PGWP was approved on March 17, 2023, after 90 days (IRCC average processing time was 29 days at the time)

Congratulations buddy! I'm currently in same boat. I applied since January 4th via paper route. My application is 77days today and no any update. Processing time was 58days when I applied. All the webforms I sent so far, the response were just generic.. Finger crossed! Btw I noticed most of paper applications are approved btw 90-99days! I've seen up to 8people now.

Reactions: Paris23

raymundo1

Jan 18, 2023
Congratulations buddy! I'm currently in same boat. I applied since January 4th via paper route. My application is 77days today and no any update. Processing time was 58days when I applied. All the webforms I sent so far, the response were just generic.. Finger crossed! Btw I noticed most of paper applications are approved btw 90-99days! I've seen up to 8people now.
I applied for a paper extension on Jan 12th. Still no message. finger crossed! Could you give me an update if you get the approval? I want to know how long I may have to wait.