+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

thukzin

Jan 6, 2022
Applied: August 18, 2022 (Series: W3067)
Review started: Feb 10, 2023
Approved: Feb , 2023

Only my application was approved and I didn’t get any email. I had to sign into the portal to see the approval. Spouse and kids not even yet in eligibility review so application not yet approved for them. Is this normal? I also applied for TRV while applying inland. Do I have to reapply for it or I’ll still get a PPR because there’s no correspondence letter yet?

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Hi, I am currently on a multiple entry tourist visa. I applied for my SOWP inside Canada and it is still being processed. My 6 months stay as a visitor is coming up. I was wondering if I can apply to extend my stay as a visitor and be on implied status while my work permit is being processed? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks
You can continue to stay , your current SOWP immpled status is valid untill you get the response. You need the Visa only if you want ot go outside canada and re enter.

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal
Applied: August 18, 2022 (Series: W3067)
Review started: Feb 10, 2023
Approved: Feb , 2023

Only my application was approved and I didn’t get any email. I had to sign into the portal to see the approval. Spouse and kids not even yet in eligibility review so application not yet approved for them. Is this normal? I also applied for TRV while applying inland. Do I have to reapply for it or I’ll still get a PPR because there’s no correspondence letter yet?
same only me got approval wife and kid not even open and no review eligibilty started

OVD

Feb 9, 2023
***PGWP SPECIAL CASE***
Initial PGWP application : August 30, 2022.
Review eligibility: January 9, 2023.
Refusal: January 9, 2023.
Applied for Reconsideration by webform: January 23, 2023.
Review eligibility: February 14, 2023.
Approved: February 14, 2023.

More Details:

Hello, I studied 3 Years Advanced Diploma. So, I was supposed to get 3 years of work permit. But, it got refused as I studied part-time in my Scheduled Break. So, I applied for reconsideration via webform and submitted the proof showing that the term I was part-time was my scheduled break. I got email mentioning that they have received to document on very next day of raising the webform. I got another email from officer on February 6, 2023 mentioning that My file have been sent to responsible office. On February 13, 2023 I got email that IRCC is waiting to hear from me (that means they want me to pay $100 that was refunded for open work permit and upload the receipt). I did that on very same day and my status got changed to submitted/processing from refusal. After 24 hours, I got email mentioning that we updated your application status. I logged in and found that the application was approved.

I hope you get in detail information about the case. I was so confused when I got refusal but I stood for myself. I asked couple of lawyers and they were suggesting me to reapply the PGWP along with the status of restoration with their own fees the total amount was $1750. But, I opted to go for reconsideration by myself.

I am not an immigration consultant but want to inform about the case as I wasn't having the information about this when I got refusal.

Thank you for reading this long message.

SCK1291

Feb 4, 2023
I just got pass the medical exam, does anyone know how long it will take for them to start reviewing the eligibility? Series W30734, applied inside Canada.

Puri93

Jan 24, 2023
PGWP Approved (Initial, Single)
Application No. W30756.....

Applied: October 27th, 2022
Review: February 20th, 2023
Approved: February 20th, 2023

=> Completed a 2-year course and got a 3-year PGWP approved
=> Raised 3 Webforms and made a call to IRCC to expedite the process but didn't get any response or help.
Thank you everyone for sharing their timelines.

mktmhd

Nov 29, 2022
Thought I would share my timeline:

Applied: May 9th, 2022
Review: Feb 20th, 2023
Approved: Feb 20th, 2023

I was really worried about application as my case was complicated. I was suspended for 6months from school during which I worked as well. But I think writing an LOE, explaining why I was suspended and why I had to work, helped my case. Its such a big relief, I can't explain in words right now.

Best of luck to everyone here.

Reactions: av_ganesh

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Congratulations
Applied: May 10th, 2022
Review: Feb 21st, 2023
Waiting ....

Wait is over!!!....
Got approved today Feb22 - for 3 years from today...intresting...288days of waiting with patience...
Raised 3 Webform.....
3rd one i raised on compassionate grounds....that worked!!

Last edited: