+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

fine5318

Jan 13, 2023
I applied for PGWP on June 26
I am still waiting. my wife and daughter also applied for a visitor visa at the same time.
I don't know if I should keep waiting.

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
I applied for PGWP on June 26
I am still waiting. my wife and daughter also applied for a visitor visa at the same time.
I don't know if I should keep waiting.
I think you are almost there, probably because of the 2-week holiday season. Mine was on June 8 (family application) and got approved Dec 15. Now I am waiting for my wife's OWP, applied on Dec 31.

Reactions: fine5318

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Can some one care to explain why this is happening?
i raised webform twice, for both they replied that , it is in progress and iam elgible to work as maintaing implied status in Canada. i tried to call them several times, but couldnot get anyone to talk

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
i raised webform twice, for both they replied that , it is in progress and iam elgible to work as maintaing implied status in Canada. i tried to call them several times, but couldnot get anyone to talk
Is your case straight forward or you had anything to explain which would have raised a question otherwise?

adeeps

Mar 12, 2022
Hey there,
this is perhaps off topic but still useful I believe.
I had submitted an online application to extend the SIN using online letter received from IRCC after PGWP approval.
The Service Canada has asked me to reapply for SIN extension because this document is not valid.
While I am yet to get a physical copy of Work Permit, which I think looks like Study Permit, so my question is will I need to visit Service Canada with actual Work Permit to get extension or is it possible to extend the SIN with an online application?

Reactions: kimkim2015

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hey there,
this is perhaps off topic but still useful I believe.
I had submitted an online application to extend the SIN using online letter received from IRCC after PGWP approval.
The Service Canada has asked me to reapply for SIN extension because this document is not valid.
While I am yet to get a physical copy of Work Permit, which I think looks like Study Permit, so my question is will I need to visit Service Canada with actual Work Permit to get extension or is it possible to extend the SIN with an online application?
You can extend your sin online once you get the PGWP letter in mail. I applied about a week ago using the details from work permit (not the approval letter) and the extended sin letter was mailed to me within a week.

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
Is your case straight forward or you had anything to explain which would have raised a question otherwise?
it is simple straight forward application (intial PGWP) . i raised webform asking about the status , and my employer needs PGWP approval and i would liek to go back to India , its been 3 years now. For both questions , the reply is same...in progress.