+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Guys! Applied for PGWP on Sept 5th. Ghost update today, status changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility.." so hopefully I'll hear some good news in the next few days.

Safe to say they are now processing those that applied in September.
Please update here when you receive it. Btw, did you get any email when eligibility review started?

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
They started processing applications from September, and I am still waiting since May. How does it make sense? :/
Hi, it could be possible that your application has been assigned to an inactive officer. A news was out a month ago that many work permit applications were assigned to inactive officers. The article also encourages people who have been waiting for a long period to apply for GCMS notes or ATIP to find out if that’s the case. Check out the news:
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6669571

kimkim2015

Sep 30, 2015
Hey guys! Quick update. PGWP was approved. No emails throughout the process. Just logged in to the portal to monitor for updates.

PGWP Timeline:

Online submission: September 5th
Ghost update/ eligibility review: January 11th
Approval: January 11th.

For those who are waiting, continue to hang tight!. Your approvals are coming soon.! :D

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hey guys! Quick update. PGWP was approved. No emails throughout the process. Just logged in to the portal to monitor for updates.

PGWP Timeline:
Online submission: September 5th
Ghost update/ eligibility review: January 11th
Approval: January 11th.

For those who are waiting, continue to hang tight!. Your approvals are coming soon.! :D
Congratulations! Was this initial application or extension?

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
My sister submitted her PGWP on September 18 and received a confirmation on the same day.
She just received another confirmation submission today (just different date on the letter).
Anyone has same experience?

ruchit1234

Star Member
May 17, 2017
My sister submitted her PGWP on September 18 and received a confirmation on the same day.
She just received another confirmation submission today (just different date on the letter).
Anyone has same experience?
I applied on september 27 received confirmation same day and wp-ext letter 2 days after, nothing after that..

OneLuv

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Any one here that applied in October 2022.
applied on : 2nd Oct
WP EXT Letter : 3rd Oct

please Let’s share our timelines to keep track